SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   So whatcha doin this weekend mateys (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=112121)

Ed 13-06-08 12:15 PM

So whatcha doin this weekend mateys

Nowt planned here so a weekend of utter slothfulness with a few tinnies beckons:D

Might wash the bike if I can be arsed

Paws 13-06-08 12:16 PM

Re: So whatcha doin this weekend mateys

working sat :(, and then entertaining mr treacle as its hes weekend down here :cool:

Kinvig 13-06-08 12:20 PM

Sunday, I head down south. I imagine that there'll be a rail replacement bus service in my schedule....

My new temp job starts on Monday so I'm staying at a friends place for a few weeks before finding a proper flat of my own/house share.

suzsv650 13-06-08 12:24 PM

getting drunk tonight with a Chinese yum yum

muffles 13-06-08 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinvig (Post 1537747)
Sunday, I head down south. I imagine that there'll be a rail replacement bus service in my schedule....

My new temp job starts on Monday so I'm staying at a friends place for a few weeks before finding a proper flat of my own/house share.

Welcome back Dirk :D is it in London itself?

I plan to:

- Ride the new bike as after doing the 1000 miles in a month (finished around beginning of May) I've managed to do a princely 79 further miles.
- Install some security I have yet to do
- Investigate/clean the CBR's neutral light switch (damn thing has had more things break/go wrong on it than I care to count - don't believe the Honda hype)

Lozzo 13-06-08 12:29 PM

Staying at home not riding my bikes and all because I have burnt the crap out of my left hand without realising I'd done it. I rested my knuckles on a water pipe on a VFR400 while balancing the carbs and have cooked the muscle on the back of my hand, and burnt all the flesh off one knuckle to the bone. I didn't feel a thing and now only know it's damaged because my hand keeps going into spasm.

Serves me right for having lasting effects of a mini-stroke and not heeding warnings given by docs I suppose.

Kinvig 13-06-08 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffles (Post 1537753)
Welcome back Dirk :D is it in London itself?

Job's in Woking, mate's house is in Whitchurch. I plan to find somewhere in Clapham Junction.

3 month rolling contract.

Filipe M. 13-06-08 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lozzo (Post 1537758)
Staying at home not riding my bikes and all because I have burnt the crap out of my left hand without realising I'd done it. I rested my knuckles on a water pipe on a VFR400 while balancing the carbs and have cooked the muscle on the back of my hand, and burnt all the flesh off one knuckle to the bone. I didn't feel a thing and now only know it's damaged because my hand keeps going into spasm.

Serves me right for having lasting effects of a mini-stroke and not heeding warnings given by docs I suppose.

F'ing ouch :shock: :shaking:

600+ 13-06-08 12:33 PM

Nowt planned here either....depending on the weather here up norf might take the zxr400 for a long ride on Saturday or Sunday to get a feel of how the bike rides:)

Saturday night might go to watch the Greece Euro 08 game with a bunch of other Greek hopefuls LOL.

Can you tell that I need to do something exciting ? :(

malks 13-06-08 12:36 PM

some kind of mixture of sleep, pub, football watching, maybe gym (depends how the pub goes)

but all in really nothing happening. the weather looks crap as well so bike might just stay put for the weekend.