SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Off to ride the Ponderosa (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=167210)

dcv86 03-06-11 12:45 PM

Off to ride the Ponderosa

Hey guys,

Just a little thread about the Ponderosa.

I'm wondering what experiences have people had riding it as i'm off to ride it for the first time tonight and i can't wait.

Cheers

Luckypants 03-06-11 12:50 PM

Re: Off to ride the Ponderosa

You know the Ponderosa is a cafe yeah? As such I'm not sure you can ride it... :D

dcv86 03-06-11 12:57 PM

woops:confused:

I was told that that was what the route was called by a friend, who was told by a friend etc etc

Clearly being a full blown noob to riding, i don't really know any routes so i have no idea about these things lol

At least i don't feel stupid in any way now......:D

mister c 03-06-11 02:11 PM

The road leading up to the Pondy from Llangollen is the Horeshoe Pass. Food is quite nice up there but watch out for the police. Nice sunny day, so they know that the bikers will be out & they always find something to pull you over for, so that they can have a £30 "chat" lol.

Have fun you jammy begger, I'm at work wishing I was out on the bike

Luckypants 03-06-11 02:35 PM

The Horseshoe is a nice ride, not to challenging but will give you the feeling of having ridden a good road. As it is dry, nothing much to worry about, but watch out for the cattle grids in the wet. The Ponderosa cafe closes at 6:00pm, but the takeaway stays open till about 7:00. You will like it, have fun!

dcv86 03-06-11 02:49 PM

Cheers guys.

I really don't fancy a £30 "chat" if I'm completely honest lol

We'll be setting off shortly so I'll post back when the ride is finished :)

dcv86 03-06-11 07:20 PM

so.....

Me and my mate went off to ride the horseshoe pass after he rode it for the first time last week.

Unfortunately, he couldn't remember how to get to it, so we spent our entire ride going backwards and forwards down random country lanes, gave up, and ended up in McDonalds in Caerwys lol.

I think next time i'll get directions myself and not rely on someone else haha

Leopard_lily 04-06-11 07:39 PM

10 minutes from me then lol my other half lives in Abergele though. He rides a fireblade and I ride a gsxr 600. So, if you ever wanna tag along some time :) my best tip though, is to do plenty of riding on your own, because it will be at your own pace and you won't be picking up other peoples' bad habits. That is the best way for you to build confidence.

dcv86 05-06-11 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopard_lily (Post 2550767)
10 minutes from me then lol my other half lives in Abergele though. He rides a fireblade and I ride a gsxr 600. So, if you ever wanna tag along some time :) my best tip though, is to do plenty of riding on your own, because it will be at your own pace and you won't be picking up other peoples' bad habits. That is the best way for you to build confidence.

Awesome. What colour is his fireblade? I keep seeing one around.

I've been out a few times by myself and think I'm really starting to get the hang of it now lol.

Let me know when your both out for a ride and I'll try and tag along :)

Luckypants 06-06-11 07:48 AM

Ooops not finding the Horseshoe :D Hint, it's near LLangollen.

Hope to see you up there sometime, if I ever get me bike out! :rolleyes: