SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Buckley Tyre Services (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=96939)

Luckypants 15-09-07 04:03 PM

Buckley Tyre Services

Top place for tyres, prices usually good. They do a good job on changing the tyre without damaging rims. Had my last set of boots for the SV from there and just had a new Bridgestone 020 on the rear of the Viffer.

Best thing, straight out onto N. Wales twisties to scrub in the new tyres! :p

Baph 17-09-07 09:45 AM

Re: Buckley Tyre Services

I go through tyres more than I do underwear, and Buckley are the only place I've used because of their reputation.

45min ride home through twisties to scrub tyres in doesn't harm things either.

Pedro68 18-09-07 12:41 PM

I'll 2nd that 'n all ... Had my first new set of rubber for my SV from Buckley Tyres ... top blokes ... they also did my chain 'n sprocket for a nice price too ;-)

And since I will shortly be in receipt of my SV back (yayyyy!!) and it will need new rubber, I'll be back off there again soon.

For me, it's the ride-in-ride-out service they offer.

stewie 18-09-07 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro68 (Post 1290244)
I'll 2nd that 'n all ... Had my first new set of rubber for my SV from Buckley Tyres ... top blokes ... they also did my chain 'n sprocket for a nice price too ;-)

And since I will shortly be in receipt of my SV back (yayyyy!!) and it will need new rubber, I'll be back off there again soon.

For me, it's the ride-in-ride-out service they offer.

Bike back ? never happen ;) :D

Pedro68 18-09-07 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 1290247)
Bike back ? never happen ;) :D

LOL cheers for that Stewie! :rolleyes:

Spoke to them this morning, and this is what they told me ...

"Bike is being re-built today, and we should easily get the re-build finished before the end of the day, however, we also need to tune it, [and some other techno-babble that went over my head] and then we need to do a 20-mile (or so) road-test to make sure everything is ok ... better if it fails whilst we are doing that, than when you first get it back. So ... might be ready by end of the day, but more likely to be tomorrow now"

... so ... only things that will "never happen" (again) is me taking my bike to Wyder Honda to get it repaired :smt014 ... and me forgetting to put oil in it :rolleyes: :oops:

Just to give you some idea (and sorry for the slight derail here) ... when the CBF ran out of tax (I'd had it THAT long! PMSL), and they said "bring it back in and we'll give you another 'loaner' until yours is fixed", I asked if they had a CBR600RR ... this is what they said, "Funny you should ask about that one ... it's out on loan, and the guy who has it has had it 2 months also ... cos we have his Aprilia in for repair/service here".

Two things struck me about that statement ... first of all ...

Funny, it might be, to think "well hey, at least I'm not the only one whose bike has been 'off the road' for THAT long", but secondly,

NOT funny for Wyder Honda, because it now seems as though they make a habit of taking far too long to repair people's bikes :smt067

Unless of course it's all an elaborate "Honda plan" ... you get your bike serviced/repaired by a Honda dealer, who just happens to provide you with a Honda bike for long enough, that they hope you fall in love with it, and forget about your own bike, and want to immediately purchase a Honda! So rather than go and collect your bike, they're hoping you just phone them up and say "oooh I like this hornet so much, I'd like to trade my Aprilia/SV/GSXR/ZX6R/woteva! for that lovely hornet you just had me ride for 2 months whilst mine was being repaired! Oh and thank you so much for opening my eyes to Honda's in general :D Oh and please empty the contents of my bank account to pay for this bike, and we'll call it all square ... hell I'll even give you extra just to dispose of my old crappy bike anyway :D oh go on please mr stealer :notworthy:

Sorry ... did you detect the bitterness/sarcasm there?! :p

BTW ... they will have had my bike 9 weeks on Thursday ... bit long just to rebuild bottom half of the engine ... I could have taken a night-school mechanics course and rebuilt it myself in that time!!

No disrespect to any mechanics - I probably couldn't have, but you get my point ;-)

stewie 18-09-07 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro68 (Post 1290291)
LOL cheers for that Stewie! :rolleyes:

Spoke to them this morning, and this is what they told me ...

"Bike is being re-built today, and we should easily get the re-build finished before the end of the day, however, we also need to tune it, [and some other techno-babble that went over my head] and then we need to do a 20-mile (or so) road-test to make sure everything is ok ... better if it fails whilst we are doing that, than when you first get it back. So ... might be ready by end of the day, but more likely to be tomorrow now"

... so ... only things that will "never happen" (again) is me taking my bike to Wyder Honda to get it repaired :smt014 ... and me forgetting to put oil in it :rolleyes: :oops:

Just to give you some idea (and sorry for the slight derail here) ... when the CBF ran out of tax (I'd had it THAT long! PMSL), and they said "bring it back in and we'll give you another 'loaner' until yours is fixed", I asked if they had a CBR600RR ... this is what they said, "Funny you should ask about that one ... it's out on loan, and the guy who has it has had it 2 months also ... cos we have his Aprilia in for repair/service here".

Two things struck me about that statement ... first of all ...

Funny, it might be, to think "well hey, at least I'm not the only one whose bike has been 'off the road' for THAT long", but secondly,

NOT funny for Wyder Honda, because it now seems as though they make a habit of taking far too long to repair people's bikes :smt067

Unless of course it's all an elaborate "Honda plan" ... you get your bike serviced/repaired by a Honda dealer, who just happens to provide you with a Honda bike for long enough, that they hope you fall in love with it, and forget about your own bike, and want to immediately purchase a Honda! So rather than go and collect your bike, they're hoping you just phone them up and say "oooh I like this hornet so much, I'd like to trade my Aprilia/SV/GSXR/ZX6R/woteva! for that lovely hornet you just had me ride for 2 months whilst mine was being repaired! Oh and thank you so much for opening my eyes to Honda's in general :D Oh and please empty the contents of my bank account to pay for this bike, and we'll call it all square ... hell I'll even give you extra just to dispose of my old crappy bike anyway :D oh go on please mr stealer :notworthy:

Sorry ... did you detect the bitterness/sarcasm there?! :p

BTW ... they will have had my bike 9 weeks on Thursday ... bit long just to rebuild bottom half of the engine ... I could have taken a night-school mechanics course and rebuilt it myself in that time!!

No disrespect to any mechanics - I probably couldn't have, but you get my point ;-)

Hope you have it back soon mate ;)

Pedro68 18-09-07 01:35 PM

Me too Stewie ... although it might mean me missing the meet tomorrow night depending on where I have to go pick bike up from (assuming that the bike is actually READY tomorrow).

Cheers,
Pete