SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Who's Travelling Furthest? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113027)

chris8886 02-07-08 09:40 PM

Re: Who's Travelling Furthest?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinestarhero (Post 1555751)
dont be sad my freind, we shall combine to overrule the might of the unrestricted SV's

your positivity makes me feel a little brighter, but still depressed at my lack of power :shaking:

Jester666 03-07-08 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineStarPerson
we shall combine to overrule the might of the unrestricted SV's

Either that or the full power crowd will just laugh and point!!! :lol:

joshmac 04-07-08 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 1555586)
i'll join you in that corner :(

Me too :)
33bhp is a lot better than 0bhp (or whatever walking would be; 0.something?)

:cool:

Ed 06-07-08 08:51 PM

Funny story about the trip down. Well I think it's funny anyway.

We (7 bikes - me, John, Daryl, Quiffy, Mr UKI1 (Paul) Mac608 and Stewie) got stuck in traffic in Hereford. We were looking for a caff to stop at. I thought there'd be somewhere in the town centre so turned left but no luck, so then turned right to head out of town, only the road didn't lead back to the A49, it went off to Ledbury. So, me leading, I turned right up a residential street only to get completely lost in this rabbit warren of narrow streets that went nowhere.

Desperate to find away out we just got hopelessly lost, turned into a narrow street that led into some allotments. Only, we passed a Pentecostal church where a funeral was taking place. The mourners were mainly all inside, with the undertaker's staff stood outside in black suits waiting for the official cars to arrive, only they didn't. Instead, seven very noisy bikes came down the street only to turn round and come roaring back up. By now the funeral cars were about to arrive but the street was that narrow they couldn't get past to park outside the church until we got out the way. We really didn't mean to be disrespectful...

fizzwheel 06-07-08 08:56 PM

Well we racked up 100 miles or so in the car between the two of us this weekend... but we only live 4 miles from the campsite, I cant quite believe we did that much running about with the car :eek:

MR UKI (1) 06-07-08 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 1559796)
Funny story about the trip down. Well I think it's funny anyway.

We (7 bikes - me, John, Daryl, Quiffy, Mr UKI1 (Paul) Mac608 and Stewie) got stuck in traffic in Hereford. We were looking for a caff to stop at. I thought there'd be somewhere in the town centre so turned left but no luck, so then turned right to head out of town, only the road didn't lead back to the A49, it went off to Ledbury. So, me leading, I turned right up a residential street only to get completely lost in this rabbit warren of narrow streets that went nowhere.

Desperate to find away out we just got hopelessly lost, turned into a narrow street that led into some allotments. Only, we passed a Pentecostal church where a funeral was taking place. The mourners were mainly all inside, with the undertaker's staff stood outside in black suits waiting for the official cars to arrive, only they didn't. Instead, seven very noisy bikes came down the street only to turn round and come roaring back up. By now the funeral cars were about to arrive but the street was that narrow they couldn't get past to park outside the church until we got out the way. We really didn't mean to be disrespectful...

Ooops, I didn't realise it was a funeral, I honestly thought it was a wedding. Wondered why they looked at me funny when I nodded to a couple of them!

joshmac 06-07-08 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR UKI (1) (Post 1559887)
Ooops, I didn't realise it was a funeral, I honestly thought it was a wedding. Wondered why they looked at me funny when I nodded to a couple of them!

:smt043

missyburd 07-07-08 01:45 PM

We covered about 520 miles in all, 500 of those on the motorway I should think haha. Well that's what my joints and ass were telling me when we got back :rolleyes: Not feeling it today though woop!

Blue Flame 07-07-08 01:50 PM

Total mileage for me was 1,104 miles and I felt every mile of the last 4. :p

northwind 07-07-08 02:10 PM

My speedo broke for a bit on the way down but it'll be about 1070 miles, since I did all but the first 10 and last 20 following Blueflame's tail light :D