SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   A cheeky request - throttle body balance (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=227207)

aj76 19-06-17 11:35 AM

A cheeky request - throttle body balance

Wondering if any orgers might be balancing their throttle bodies in the next couple of weeks and would allow me to come along and help do mine?

On BikeSafe at the weekend a lot of vibration and bike seemed to labour a little and would love to get this done before I head to Devon in mid July.

Cheers,
AJ

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

garynortheast 19-06-17 06:53 PM

Re: A cheeky request - throttle body balance

Never done injectors before, only carbs I'm afraid.

aj76 19-06-17 06:59 PM

Thanks Gary, hope your well!

I think it's a similar process but gauges for the carb Vs manometer on the injectors. Just don't have the funds right now to get a carbtune due to Mrs damaging her car 😥

Seen lots of vids on homemade ones but don't fancy trying it. 😂

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Craig380 20-06-17 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj76 (Post 3071544)

On BikeSafe at the weekend a lot of vibration and bike seemed to labour a little and would love to get this done before I head to Devon in mid July.

It could be just the very hot weather making the bike feel a bit laboured, on my K6 the idle speed is 50-100rpm lower in really hot weather like we're having right now, compared to just a couple of weeks ago when the ambient temps were 10 - 15 celsius cooler.

Warmer air is much less dense and while the injection system will compensate somewhat by adjusting the mixture according to the airbox sensors, the bike will still feel a little different.

Luckypants 20-06-17 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj76 (Post 3071566)
I think it's a similar process but gauges for the carb Vs manometer on the injectors.

Gauges or a manometer work on both. The process is very very similar for the throttle bodies as it is with carbs. The pain is getting at the spigot to attach the tubes to the gauge/manometer, although this is much easier on the injected bike.

I have no idea where my carbtune manometer is after the house move (garage is a tip still!) otherwise I'd offer.

aj76 20-06-17 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 3071588)
I have no idea where my carbtune manometer is after the house move (garage is a tip still!) otherwise I'd offer.

Thanks will have a scour of fleabay and see what I can find as the gauges were a lot cheaper than a carbtune pro :D

aj76 20-06-17 04:06 PM

Thanks Craig380, its more the vibration that makes me think they may be out, approaching 14k, don't know when they were last checked and in the 3 years before I got my hands on her, K6 also, she only covered 400 miles and I have done nearly 2.5k over the last year.

garynortheast 20-06-17 09:50 PM

I have a set of gauges here Andy. If you fancy the ride down I'm happy to give you a hand.

aj76 21-06-17 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3071628)
If you fancy the ride down I'm happy to give you a hand.

Thanks Gary, I would enjoy the ride and my bikesafe report was much like my school PE report, good standard but need to practice more :lol:

would Sat July 1st be OK with you as working during the week and a little manic right now?

I have stuff with the kids and Armed Forces Day this sat and fly out to Denmark the next few Sundays for work.

garynortheast 21-06-17 11:37 PM

There's a possibility that I may be away that weekend. Can I let you know around the middle of next week?