SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2014 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Winning bid for 2014- The banter thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=206449)

admin 02-01-14 12:31 PM

Winning bid for 2014- The banter thread

Hi All this is the winning bid for the 2014 annual rideout submitted by Bibio, Littleoldman2 and andrewsmith. There was only one bid submitted so chosing the winner was fairly straightforward.

Quote:

Hi John

Here's an AR proposal for the
pot

Andy

AR 2014 Proposal- The border raid edition

Bibio, Littleoldman2 and I, think its time it came to the Borders as the roads and scenery are wonderful.
What we’re thinking is doing Borders run around the stunning Northumberland National park and North into the Scottish borders around Moffat, Selkirk and Hawick.

The plan is to base the AR out of Bellingham as there are more than enough facilities. Camping/ Bunking would be the Demesne Farm Campsite http://www.demesnefarmcampsite.co.uk/ who are more than capable of handling bikers, as there are several other owner club meetings using the site during the year. For the people liking creature comforts there are a several B&B’s and hotels in the village and close by.

The route will be something around the 180 mile mark, taking in the best of Northumberland and the Borders region. It will allow for plenty of riding and stunning scenery.

The ride-out will be run Glencoe Massacre style with next rider waiting at the junctions, Lead rider and TEC. On the roads around there it is safer than rider drop off. Getting to Bellingham is around 90 minutes from the M6 (via Pentrith and the Hartside Pass) and about an Hour from the A1 via Newcastle Airport.

For anyone wanting the scenic route coming North;
• From Lancaster you can make a route via Ingleton, Hawes, Middleton in Teesdale then up the A68 (through Stanhope) or via Alston
• From the A1 coming off at Richmond up and over the Tan Hill to Kirkby Stephen then as above or
• Off onto the A66 and via Barnard Castle through to Middleton-in-Teesdale and up

Dates we are saying late June as to avoid GM2014, the worst of
the holiday traffic and the BSB at Knockhill .

timwilky 02-01-14 12:34 PM

Re: Winning bid for 2014

Fantastic, I really want to make this one.

maviczap 02-01-14 01:23 PM

Cool, lets hope I can make this one

Matt-EUC 02-01-14 02:12 PM

Winning bid for 2014

I would edit out the route from your post. For the purpose of surprises etc.

andrewsmith 02-01-14 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt-EUC (Post 2925917)
I would edit out the route from your post. For the purpose of surprises etc.

Fair point that's it edited out :smt023
For anyone thats seen the route, its subject to tweaks as per the normal terms and conditions

jambo 02-01-14 02:30 PM

Cool!
Hopefully we'll be able to make it, may you have as much positive help as you need, and as little moaning as your audience is capable of :D

Well done on putting in a proposal, and thank you :)

Jambo

fenjer 02-01-14 03:36 PM

Good Bid guys!!

Looking forward to this!

chris8886 02-01-14 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 2925921)
Cool!
Hopefully we'll be able to make it, may you have as much positive help as you need, and as little moaning as your audience is capable of :D

Well done on putting in a proposal, and thank you :)

Jambo

quite right, I like the sound of this too, here's to hoping that I can somehow find a way of making it :D

NTECUK 02-01-14 04:00 PM

"Dates we are saying late June as to avoid the BSB at Knockhill"
Na add it on,so you can see all the budding Barry Shean's ;)

andrewsmith 02-01-14 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2925937)
"Dates we are saying late June as to avoid the BSB at Knockhill"
Na add it on,so you can see all the budding Barry Shean's ;)

There is a reason for avoiding the Knockhill BSB (all the Scottish and Borders people know this), all the marked and unmarked coppers are on quite a few of the roads that the route will take in.
It was the same reason that taking the Hartside was immediately discounted as we would attract too much attention (there we're screwed as its 3 different forces patrolling and good luck getting away from any of them)