SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Smile of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=214956)

garynortheast 23-12-18 04:45 PM

Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 (Post 3096963)
That's the best news in ages. Roll on summer.

Yep, could do with some warmer rain.....8-)

maviczap 23-12-18 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3096979)
Yep, could do with some warmer rain.....8-)

It's quite warm rain over this side Gary, in fact yesterday I was outside in a short sleeve shirt and I was quite comfortable

garynortheast 23-12-18 07:22 PM

I must admit it's been pretty mild over here too Mav, although we've had a hell of a lot of rain in the last 24 hours. Lots of water on the road during my drive in the Aberystwyth direction yesterday, and back today. Happy that it was just rain and not snow.

Heorot 23-12-18 07:56 PM

Today I had to drive from Norfolk to Gatwick airport to pick up my other half. pi$$ed down all day. As for the M25 Dartford crossing northbound, a 6 mile tailback in all 6 lanes. On a Sunday! God knows what it's like on a weekday.

maviczap 23-12-18 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heorot (Post 3096988)
Today I had to drive from Norfolk to Gatwick airport to pick up my other half. ****ed down all day. As for the M25 Dartford crossing northbound, a 6 mile tailback in all 6 lanes. On a Sunday! God knows what it's like on a weekday.

Northbound is always worse than southbound, it's a combination of them using the traffic lights to allow the dangerous goods lorries through the tunnel, they stop the traffic on the inner two lanes off to the left hand bore, so the DG goods can go through. This just back the traffic back up.

Then a double whammy on a Sunday everyone is going shopping at Thurrock, worse on the last Sunday before Christmas.

Doesn't happen so much on the southbound because there are no traffic lights controlling traffic over the bridge.

Probably something else to make it that bad, it's usually only as far back as the A2/M2 intersection

BanannaMan 23-12-18 11:28 PM

After a month or more of nasty weather finally got out on the SV today.
Heavy rains this earlier week had completely washed away all the sand, salt and grit from the big snowstorm and the road was dry and the sun was shining.
Throw in next to no traffic and my favorite part of this route has been newly paved.
Like summer with the electric gear on.
The bike seemed anxious to go as well, I had to keep slowing her down.
Excellent day and a pleasant reminder of everything I love about riding motorbikes.

maviczap 24-12-18 08:07 AM

Nice one Bill

Bibio 24-12-18 12:16 PM

yup nice one Bill... nothing like a nice winter ride to blow the cobwebs out.

maviczap 24-12-18 01:20 PM

No more shopping to do, and it's an absolutely glorious day, no wind, flat calm sea.

Time for a Christmas Eve walk, and then a tipple

admin 24-12-18 01:29 PM

Watching "Porco Rosso".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk