SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Smile of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=214956)

Bibio 29-11-14 04:20 PM

Smile of the day - What is yours?

so we have a gripe of the day but lets face it thats for grumpy people to vent their anger at the world so i thought that we would have a smile of the day, you know those things that cheer us up and make life worth living ;) :D

mine for today is watching the kids over the back jumping on their trampoline and crashing into each other laughing their little heads off while i done the dishes..

Brettus 29-11-14 04:24 PM

Smile of the day - what is yours?

Yay, the gripe a day thread was getting me down (especially seeing as it was THE most popular thread!) glad someone posted one of these :D

Mine for today was unboxing and trying my new Dyson DC58, (the ghostbuster looking handheld they make) wanted one since they announced them, kept looking but they only reduced the older ones to my price point but got a decent deal on a newer generation one in the sales yesterday and tried it out on the stairs, did the lot in no time at all, no lugging the large upright around, keeping the hose as short as possible for the turbo brush to work properly and such, bliss. Now I'm gonna indulge in a little gaming while we both recharge :D

Oh yeah, the other smile was making the most of the bandwidth while I was working this morning in updating my steam library:
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...01e92e980f.jpg
Gonna get my game onnn :-) (sung in the style of Florida Georgia Line - Shine On)

Matt-EUC 29-11-14 05:05 PM

Giggidy.

That is all.

andrewsmith 29-11-14 05:17 PM

Re: Smile of the day - what is yours?

http://youtu.be/dpye3scamjs

Littlepeahead 29-11-14 05:30 PM

Helping my 4 year old nephew earnestly write his letter to Father Christmas. He used his best handwriting, added lots of kisses and drew a picture of a dinosaur then asked me to post it.

Of course Father Christmas will reply as I've done one of these for him, they are brilliant, and my £5 donation helps a child too.

http://christmas.nspcc.org.uk/santa?...YAzQ&gclsrc=ds

dizzyblonde 29-11-14 05:53 PM

This turned up in my FB feed yesterday. It made me laugh because when we were kids, this is actually what my grandmothers table used to look like after Xmas when she had a big house. Her birthday was on that day, and all the family used to squash in happily.
It also reminded me of the newly discovered long lost Greek family, who welcomed their cousin back to Cyprus last month. . . . . this is a USUAL family LUNCH!!!! We ate like this EVERY day!!! :smt101

Can't wait to go back in the new year :smt080

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps18772901.jpg

Red Herring 29-11-14 06:14 PM

Looking out of my front window to see 20+ sheep giving the lawn a bit of a trim. Rang the local farmer and told him not to rush, I'd been trying to decide if I should get the mower out one last time....!

BanannaMan 29-11-14 06:55 PM

Wales win over South Africa today!!!!
Well done!!!

Sir Trev 29-11-14 09:27 PM

Having the house to myself for a few hours.

No urgent chores or DIY to do this weekend, the monkey was at her Saturday job, Lady Poppy was Christmas shopping with her sister for the day plus I could not be bothered to get the bike out as the roads were soaking wet and slippery with leaves and diesel as I found when cycling into town to drop off my dry cleaning. So I made a nest from cushions and a duvet on the sofa and watched a few episodes of Fast'n'Loud off the planner without being disturbed for once, while drinking tea and making a fuss of the dog. Nice.

Now the house is full again and I've escaped upstairs to the study as the girls are watching I Used to be an Alleged Celebrity. I know Foggy is in it but I really don't want to spoil my nice day with the rest of the no-hopers.

garynortheast 29-11-14 09:53 PM

Playing music with my girls at the Whitchurch Christmas lights fair all day today. Never fails.

Teejayexc 29-11-14 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Herring (Post 2990573)
Looking out of my front window to see 20+ sheep giving the lawn a bit of a trim. Rang the local farmer and told him not to rush, I'd been trying to decide if I should get the mower out one last time....!

Lol, was the + just to cover yourself for the freezer fill :smt003

cheesypeeps 30-11-14 12:16 PM

As I drove home at 4am in the morning from work and I turned onto our high street to see the town xmas tree all lighten up for the first time this year. It was lovely cos obviously at 4am it was all peaceful and looked beautiful :)

CharleyFarley 30-11-14 12:55 PM

Seeing the local Motorcycle group (some of Nialls an mine mates) drive past my house on the Santa Run Charity ride, all 2-up in full Santa costumes!!! 😀

"Gas it w###a".........

Jayneflakes 30-11-14 01:45 PM

Seeing the other half smile over her Grandson does it for me, after my own dysfunctional up bringing, it is so nice to feel a part of a real family.

I love these people so much, even in my own weird damaged way.

Also my cat cuddles into me every night purring when I go to bed, that makes me smile.

What a lovely happy thread :D

carelesschucca 30-11-14 01:51 PM

Proper home made chicken and veg soup made with yesterdays roast chicken left overs. Its epic.

Also half way through making Scotch Eggs for later on. Happy days in the kitchen :D

Red Herring 30-11-14 01:55 PM

This mornings ride. After two years hard work my mate has finally managed to turn a pile of spare parts from the corner of my garage into a fully functioning TDR250. We took them both out this morning and felt (and maybe acted) like a pair of teenagers again!

AJC 30-11-14 05:08 PM

Finally at very long last bought a new TV. Going from a 20inch TV to a 42inch HD thingy is pretty amazing. Oh and I also didn't even need to fight some pikeys in Tesco to get it either...

Grant66 30-11-14 05:23 PM

Making Christmas cake and licking the bowl after like an 8yr old.

maviczap 30-11-14 08:48 PM

New tablet after making do with cheapo crap for too long

Brettus 30-11-14 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2990680)
New tablet after making do with cheapo crap for too long

Branded blue pills this time eh? no more skittles for this lad ;)

Sorry couldn't resist the setup, I'm assuming it was actually an electronic one, which did you go for?

maviczap 30-11-14 09:09 PM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for £159

Sir Trev 01-12-14 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2990687)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for £159

For that price I'm guessing it was the Tab 3?

Corny Gizmo 01-12-14 03:18 PM

Filter to the front of lights, spy an avid texter in a cage, rev engine as if the lights have gone green.

Gets me giggling every time as they panic shift with no clutch and the phone ends up on the back seat :D

AJC 01-12-14 05:17 PM

Just bought a sexy new centre speaker to go with my sexy new TV, this one:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...evo-dc4-lcr-es

Total steal at that price, RRP is 300 and richer usually ask 250. And it sounds scary good. Only Issue I have now is it may force me to replace my 15yr old Eltax floorstanders to the matching Tannoy ones, which cost at least 300, yikes!...

maviczap 01-12-14 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 2990739)
For that price I'm guessing it was the Tab 3?

Yep, but its night and day between my old tablets, so I'm very happy

maviczap 01-12-14 06:22 PM

Thanks to Topcashback I got another £8.95 off the tablet I purchased on Friday.

So effectively £151.05 :D

Jayneflakes 01-12-14 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJC (Post 2990651)
Oh and I also didn't even need to fight some pikeys in Tesco to get it either...

:mrgreen:

That really did make my laugh out loud, which considering that I am at home on my own in the office about to do some work, is probably pretty sad.

Anyway, thanks for the giggle, you bad person you! :cheers:

AJC 01-12-14 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayneflakes (Post 2990792)
:mrgreen:

That really did make my laugh out loud, which considering that I am at home on my own in the office about to do some work, is probably pretty sad.

Anyway, thanks for the giggle, you bad person you! :cheers:

Haha glad to hear it.

I was actually in a Tesco the other night and laughed quite a lot as well! No actual fights or owt, but I suppose you cant have everything...

pookie 01-12-14 09:19 PM

cyber monday :)

littleoldman2 01-12-14 10:37 PM

Today as a lady passed me some money, the phone in my pocket went "Kerching" as I got an eBay notification that I'd been paid. The look on her face was wonderful. Pure coincidence but what a joy.

Brettus 01-12-14 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pookie (Post 2990819)
cyber monday :)

Mixed feelings, I've been way too easily tempted this year but on the plus side I've got some awesome stuff :D

Just picked up a set of 3 mini star wars metal kit models from iwoot.com for only £13.25! On offer at 3 for £20 but discount codes mean bargain. Just got to convince myself to part with them now as they're supposed to be gifts.

My smile was decorating the tree with wife and stepdaughter with Christmas tunes playing and my advent calendar yet to open :-) I'm such a big kid. Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Bibio 02-12-14 12:30 AM

only 24 days till Christmas :-)

Matt-EUC 02-12-14 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 2990863)

Bah humbug!

Matt-EUC 02-12-14 01:05 AM

Quote:

Bah humbug!

Matt-EUC 02-12-14 01:05 AM

Quote:

Bah humbug!

Matt-EUC 02-12-14 01:06 AM

Quote:

Bah humbug!

BanannaMan 02-12-14 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corny Gizmo (Post 2990753)
Filter to the front of lights, spy an avid texter in a cage, rev engine as if the lights have gone green.

Gets me giggling every time as they panic shift with no clutch and the phone ends up on the back seat :D

:notworthy:
Well done!
May have to give that one a go at the next opportunity.

DarrenSV650S 02-12-14 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 2990850)
Today as a lady passed me some money, the phone in my pocket went "Kerching" as I got an eBay notification that I'd been paid. The look on her face was wonderful. Pure coincidence but what a joy.

:) love that

Littlepeahead 02-12-14 02:25 PM

Jambo's wife said on FB last week that their little boy had said he was sad because he wanted a tiger. Out shopping the next day I saw the 'That's Not My Tiger' book so I bought it and posted it to Oliver as a little gift, but forgot to text Jo and Jambo. So today it came as a complete surprise to them.

But I got the message that Oliver really likes the book! Jo said Oliver says: "It's not my tiger mummy, it's daddy's tiger". So Jambo now has a tiger without even having to buy a Triumph.

Bluepete 02-12-14 03:11 PM

My smile of the day was standing near the bakery in Tesco, idly wondering which bread to get. I let out a pant ripping fart at exactly the same time one of the large bread oven's alarm went off. I thought I'd set it off :):):):)

Ahhh, simple things please simple minds eh?

Pete ;)