SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Guildford Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   GM chit chat thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179521)

Thunderace 17-09-12 06:56 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Well I was told on Friday to be in work at 0500 Monday morning with kit packed ready for exercise, tipped up at 0500 today to be told, "oh my mistake your on Bikesafe on Wednesday" feckless tards the lot of'em!:smt092

Fallout 18-09-12 06:51 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Thanks God nobody gives them a gun or entrusts them with our national security!!

... hang on.

Spank86 18-09-12 07:04 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
That's why we had to calm the Irish down and promote Muslim terrorism, the Irish were far to difficult for our gallant soldiers to spot.

Thunderace 18-09-12 07:54 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
They really are a clueless bunch of numpties, maybe I should do an undercover report for the BBC so the public can know what the army is really like, I'm glad I joined at 25 otherwise I might think this level of stupidity was normal.

BTW thinking of signing off, any jobs going with BT Spank?

Spank86 18-09-12 08:08 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
We were hiring from the army not so long ago.

Not sure if there's any going via other rules but I can check if youre serious.

Mark_h 18-09-12 08:16 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Looking for 1000 engineers internally so when that fails I'm sure we'll look externally. Traditionally Signals are well received. Check out Qinetiq too I'm sure they be looking for spooky techies.

Spank86 18-09-12 08:32 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Yeah, we've got to run out of 90yr old office jockeys to stick out in the network pretty soon.

Winters going to be interesting.

Thunderace 18-09-12 08:33 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spank86 (Post 2773350)
We were hiring from the army not so long ago.

Not sure if there's any going via other rules but I can check if youre serious.

I would appreciate it if you could.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_h (Post 2773355)
Looking for 1000 engineers internally so when that fails I'm sure we'll look externally. Traditionally Signals are well received. Check out Qinetiq too I'm sure they be looking for spooky techies.

I'm not a Tech I'm an Operator, not much difference in trade skills just pay! Lets just say Operators do all the work and the Techs do.........erm.........well.........not a lot but they get paid more!

Spank86 18-09-12 08:36 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Bear in mind there's no guarantees.

They'll likely take you on via a contract company and if you don't suit or the work mysteriously dries up you could be out on your ear in 6 months or so.

Plus they're really bad at letting you know if your contract will be renewed.

As in you might find out the day before.

Thunderace 18-09-12 08:39 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spank86 (Post 2773370)
Bear in mind there's no guarantees.

They'll likely take you on via a contract company and if you don't suit or the work mysteriously dries up you could be out on your ear in 6 months or so.

Plus they're really bad at letting you know if your contract will be renewed.

As in you might find out the day before.

Happy with that mate any work to start with will do, I can always do one job whilst looking for another.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.