SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Guildford Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   GM chit chat thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179521)

Spank86 22-09-12 07:48 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
I do keep saying its mostly the bike.

Next time I'll get insurance to ride other bikes and we'll see.

Fallout 22-09-12 09:23 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
I disagree. The bike is good, but it's you too Ad. You're a good rider. You do take corners quickly and are rapid. You'd be the same on any bike once you'd got used to it, I reckon.

The only reason why I keep going WTF is I've yet to see this amazing Spank who disappears off out of sight like a riding god, as keeps being alluded to. I think perhaps we need to go back to the old skool. Us 2 vs lunchtime empty roads on your next day off so I can see this uncatchable Spank for myself!

Thunderace 22-09-12 09:27 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallout (Post 2775662)
I disagree. The bike is good, but it's you too Ad. You're a good rider. You do take corners quickly and are rapid. You'd be the same on any bike once you'd got used to it, I reckon.

The only reason why I keep going WTF is I've yet to see this amazing Spank who disappears off out of sight like a riding god, as keeps being alluded to. I think perhaps we need to go back to the old skool. Us 2 vs lunchtime empty roads on your next day off so I can see this uncatchable Spank for myself!

Don't think that'll work mate, he needs a competent rider to chase him!:rolleyes:

Not that I'm saying your incompetent, just that being chased round B-roads by a bike that is held together by chewing gum and wishful thinking is not confidence inspiring.

Spank86 22-09-12 09:37 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallout (Post 2775662)
I disagree. The bike is good, but it's you too Ad. You're a good rider. You do take corners quickly and are rapid. You'd be the same on any bike once you'd got used to it, I reckon.

The only reason why I keep going WTF is I've yet to see this amazing Spank who disappears off out of sight like a riding god, as keeps being alluded to. I think perhaps we need to go back to the old skool. Us 2 vs lunchtime empty roads on your next day off so I can see this uncatchable Spank for myself!

I'm next at work a week Tuesday.

So if we get a nice day between now and then apart from next weekend I'm there.

Of course if you do keep up I'll only say its your extra CC's. ;)

Fallout 22-09-12 09:39 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderace (Post 2775666)
Don't think that'll work mate, he needs a competent rider to chase him!:rolleyes:

Not that I'm saying your incompetent, just that being chased round B-roads by a bike that is held together by chewing gum and wishful thinking is not confidence inspiring.

Using your logic, the faster the person chasing, the faster Ad is than them. So some sort of exponential speed relationship. Meaning that, if a Mig21 was chasing him, he should just about touch the speed of light. But since we know that's not possible, there must be a point at which Ad cannot outrun the person on his tail. We owe it to the GM to discover that point and make note of it on our speedos for future reference.

Fallout 22-09-12 09:42 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spank86 (Post 2775677)
I'm next at work a week Tuesday.

So if we get a nice day between now and then apart from next weekend I'm there.

Of course if you do keep up I'll only say its your extra CC's. ;)

I know! There's always an argument for each statement. Nathan said I was slow today, I said I was behind traffic. I said I beat Nathan at a drag race, Nathan said he wheel span. Apparently I crashed into a Merc from Dan's perspective, but not from others. It's lose lose.

Maybe we should buy that Ace so we have two identical bikes for GM face off rides?! :mrgreen:

Thunderace 22-09-12 09:45 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallout (Post 2775679)
Using your logic, the faster the person chasing, the faster Ad is than them. So some sort of exponential speed relationship. Meaning that, if a Mig21 was chasing him, he should just about touch the speed of light. But since we know that's not possible, there must be a point at which Ad cannot outrun the person on his tail. We owe it to the GM to discover that point and make note of it on our speedos for future reference.

Well it does seem to be the case that as soon as I get near anyone they speed up, so I chase, they speed up, I push harder and so on, like Dad getting a little out of his comfort zone, and Job on the B-roads in Cornwall, Its all down to others, as you know I would never egg on any reckless behaviour!:smt051

Spank86 22-09-12 09:45 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
I believe the point that I cannot outrun the chaser was best presented by Einstein in the form E=MCtree.

Meaning that it's the point where kinetic energy is equal to the mass of my bike times by cornering ability modified by the large tree I'm wrapped round.

Spank86 22-09-12 09:46 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallout (Post 2775682)
.
Maybe we should buy that Ace so we have two identical bikes for GM face off rides?! :mrgreen:

now that sounds tempting.

You've chased me down the corhampton road and I didnt lose you and round the spitfire link roundabouts.

Not sure if I go faster when Nathan's behind me or if you go faster when I'm in front.

Possibly the latter.

Thunderace 22-09-12 09:47 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallout (Post 2775682)
I know! There's always an argument for each statement. Nathan said I was slow today, I said I was behind traffic. I said I beat Nathan at a drag race, Nathan said he wheel span. Apparently I crashed into a Merc from Dan's perspective, but not from others. It's lose lose.

Maybe we should buy that Ace so we have two identical bikes for GM face off rides?! :mrgreen:

I never said you were slow just that you were getting small in my mirrors mid corner!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.