SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Thank you from the AR09 Dogs! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=137012)

gruntygiggles 05-08-09 10:26 AM

Thank you from the AR09 Dogs!

I was sat on the sofa last night discussing with Stretch and Saxo how exhausted the dogs have been from the weekend.

My first thank you goes to all those folks that came down our end of the field and listened when I asked you to please ignore Stig for the first few minutes.

The second thanks goes to all of you who kept throwing the balls/sticks that were being repeatedly presented to you by The Stig over the course of the weekend.

At last years AR, we had to keep Stig muzzled pretty much the whole time because, as some know, he is nervous of people, and that can make him a little aggressive. Dan and I have done A LOT of work with him and so this year, with everyone ignoring him initially, he was able to build even more trust in complete strangers and he had a brilliant weekend. Even Hollie did really well as she used to have really nasty aggression towards other dogs.The pics in the AR09 pictures thread says it all really.

So....thanks for assisting in their therapy

thanks Von Teese and Tris for giving them some play mates

and thanks everyone for keeping them running ALL weekend which has resulted in four almost comatose dogs for the past few days....lol

I think every dog there had a fab time!!!

ophic 05-08-09 10:39 AM

Re: Thank you from the AR09 Dogs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntygiggles (Post 1993863)
I think every dog there had a fab time!!!

Kaiser and Jerry certainly enjoyed it too, and both of them slept the whole way home!

It's really nice to see a bunch of happy doggies - makes me think we're doing something right :)

Spiderman 05-08-09 10:48 AM

And i gotta say never before have i met such a variety of dogs in once place.....that are so obident and well behaved. A true reflection of the love and care their owners give them i think.

That Stig, OMG that Stig. He is the most switched on dog i have ever met.

I am truly gutted that i didnt get a chance to have a friendly wrestl and roll about with big Kaiser tho :( And the little poodle was so cute too. I've always thought podles were unfriendly thiings but he was so sweet. Maybe his age had something to do with that tho.

Lots of doggy cuddles to them all from me. tell em i said, wooof woofwoof woo-woo-woo. They'll know what i mean :lol:

ophic 05-08-09 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1993887)
wooof woofwoof woo-woo-woo

you did what with a fishbowl? Kaiser is looking horrified!

Spiderman 05-08-09 10:56 AM

:lol:

gruntygiggles 05-08-09 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophic (Post 1993895)
you did what with a fishbowl? Kaiser is looking horrified!

So are this lot.....Squirrel has gone hiding behind the curtain, Stig has come for a cuddle (no suprise there), Saffie is barking at the ceiling and Hollie jumping around like a loony (again, no suprise there)!

gruntygiggles 05-08-09 10:59 AM

Oh, and Spidey......I think they'd all love to spend some more time with you! You've seen Stig at play.....but what you don't realise is that he's the cuddliest dog in the world as well!

fizzwheel 05-08-09 11:05 AM

TBH I think Liz had a better time than the actual dogs did :D

gruntygiggles 05-08-09 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1993916)
TBH I think Liz had a better time than the actual dogs did :D

Whatever, talk to the hand until you admit you want one too!:smt081

custard 05-08-09 11:41 AM

pichures of teh fluffeh dawgs plz.