SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Racing and Paddock Chat (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   The Racing Thread - THIS THREAD CONTAINS RESULT INFO (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=66938)

Jelster 25-02-06 11:39 AM

The Racing Thread - THIS THREAD CONTAINS RESULT INFO

Right then boys & girls, here is our very own thread to discuss this years racing (seeing as today see's the kick off of the 2006 season).

So, discuss anything about professional racing on 2 wheels. This thread will be policed regularly as we don't want it to get filled with all sorts of "off topic" conversation.

Let's have a good 2006 season, with lots to look forward too.

Discuss/

Jelster 25-02-06 12:10 PM

OK, I'll open.....

Without giving too much away, what a fantastic race to open the season with, so many surprises and the fact that the R1, FireBlade, 999 and GSXR all look so competitive. Got to be great for the sport. Let's hope the Kwack & Foggy teams get up their as well.

ps - who's Chris Vermulen ?

mattSV 25-02-06 01:14 PM

WSB Round 1, Race 2

:shock: :shock: :shock:

OMFG

What a race.

Not sure if is repeated - if you get the chance, do not miss it.

Scoobs 25-02-06 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattSV
WSB Round 1, Race 2

What channel was it on??? Can't see naff all about it. :(

mattSV 25-02-06 02:12 PM

Eurosport 2 :wink:

Don't think it is on terresticle :cry:

Repeated at 4:30 if you wanna come over & watch it.

Scoobs 25-02-06 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattSV
Repeated at 4:30 if you wanna come over & watch it.

Would do but I can't ride at the mo'. Bad neck! Can't move. You could always record it and e-mail it to me! :lol:

Topcat 25-02-06 06:38 PM

The new season has started , so all is right with the world again :D , and what a start . More that please gentlemen :thumbsup: . On the evidence of today we are in for a belting season in WSB , i think the superbikes ,both WSB and BSB could well be more interestering than Moto GP (or the Rossi championship as its known ) , certainly more different manufacturer's going for a share of the spoils . Let's face it , in Moto GP it's between Yamaha and Honda end of story . Sorry Peter Henry but as much i'd love to see Ducatti doing well , i can't see them sustaining a challenge , certainly they will have there good days with Bridgestone , but a few swallows dosn't make a summer .

tricky 25-02-06 08:09 PM

Repeated on Eurosport 1 at 21:30 on monday for any one that missed it or doesn't have Eurosport 2.

This is from the schedule on the Eurosort website which is not always entierly reliable.

Cloggsy 25-02-06 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricky
This is from the schedule on the Eurosort website which is not always entierly reliable.

That is the biggest underestimation I've ever heard...

cosmiccharlie 26-02-06 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:

Originally Posted by tricky

That is the biggest underestimation I've ever heard...

True there about being unreliable ,

But now got a reason to get some video tapes :riding: :riding: :riding: :lol:

Warren 26-02-06 11:55 AM

suprised mr henry hasnt posted in this thread yet. i expected him to move in here.

Cloggsy 26-02-06 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmiccharlie

I've just got Sky+ and its awesome... No more tapes - EVER :twisted:

Think I might have to invest in a DVD recorder for my tele though, to keep stuff off of my sky+
:D

Peter Henry 26-02-06 11:27 PM

Well folks this is a great move! Our own little den to shoot the breeze about racing. I thought I would let you guys carry in the boxes and arrange the furnishings before commencing in the chat!

WSB round 1? Absolutely brill and a bonus for me is that this year one of the main Spanish channels is covering them live...so it's a early/late sit up next saturday night to watch the Phillip Island races.

Topcat....I think we will be spoiled this year as both WSB and BSB will be extremely competitive and my hunch is that Rossi's party is well and truly over in Moto GP. I agree still a little work to be done by Bridgestone as it is they that are holding back the awesome GP6 at the moment. Trust me though the Boys from Bologna will be well in the running this season! :wink: 8)

Scooby Drew 27-02-06 09:38 AM

I dinnae get any satellite coverage :(

jonboy 27-02-06 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby Drew

This also means that you don't have to put up with commercial breaks, channel idents and all the other total sh*te that happens every 30 seconds :evil: . I'm honestly thinking about just watching BBC2 and if it ain't on there I'm not going to bother.

cosmiccharlie 27-02-06 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmiccharlie

I've just got Sky+ and its awesome... No more tapes - EVER :twisted:

Think I might have to invest in a DVD recorder for my tele though, to keep stuff off of my sky+
:D

Bah humbug there is always one isnt there :lol:

Scooby Drew 27-02-06 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboy
Quote:

This also means that you don't have to put up with commercial breaks, channel idents and all the other total sh*te that happens every 30 seconds :evil: . I'm honestly thinking about just watching BBC2 and if it ain't on there I'm not going to bother.

Unfortunately terrestrial aint doing it this year. There has been a lot of moaning about ITV having BSB this year but people forget that not everybody has SKY...

kinesin 27-02-06 06:29 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately terrestrial aint doing it this year. There has been a lot of moaning about ITV having BSB this year but people forget that not everybody has SKY...

Eurosport is available of Top-up-TV for £7.99/month via freeview, so that one way to get the races. I'm know that this weekend was on Eurosport 2, due to the olympics - but normally they will be on Eurosport1. Just grab a freeview box with a TUT slot. :D

Depending on how my homebrew PVR/freeview/eurosport box comes along. I'm planning on getting the races all online via bit-torrent.

Scoobs 27-02-06 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinesin
I'm planning on getting the races all online via bit-torrent.

Well bloody hurry up then. I'm waiting! :lol:

kinesin 27-02-06 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobs
Quote:

Originally Posted by kinesin
I'm planning on getting the races all online via bit-torrent.

Well bloody hurry up then. I'm waiting! :lol:

When I say all.. I mean the MotoGP - tho the WSB races were cracking!! :D

Lissa 27-02-06 07:21 PM

Last year our friend watched all the racing online as we just pointed our webcam at the telly for him. :D

Sky is expensive, but it's worth £40 a month as far as I'm concerned, just to get all the racing coverage.

Peter Henry 28-02-06 06:18 PM

Big boost today for the Suzuki Moto Gp team with a 2 year sponsorship deal being signed with Rizla. Just goes to show the popularity of spliffs around the world! :lol:

H62 28-02-06 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Big boost today for the Suzuki Moto Gp team with a 2 year sponsorship deal being signed with Rizla. Just goes to show the popularity of spliffs around the world! :lol:

Peter

Will they be racing in the Rizla bule livery.

Topcat 28-02-06 07:02 PM

Quote:

But with the money coming this late in preseason , have their chances of success already gone up in a puff of smoke , or been dealt a blow :lol:

Biker Biggles 28-02-06 07:30 PM

BONG!Went the Suzuki :lol:

Peter Henry 28-02-06 07:42 PM

H62...Yes the livery is very similar to that of the BSB Rizla team. Looks rather fetching. :wink: 8)

No doubt this new move will be a drag on their finances? :?

Biker Biggles 28-02-06 07:56 PM

I wonder what sort of pipe the bike will have on it?
The team will need thick skins to put up with the **** takes.Rolling starts anyone? :D :D :D

The Basket 28-02-06 10:08 PM

Haga is a bit of a loon. A bit aggresive on the corners.

Hmmm...strange that Biaggi gets knocked for not trying and Haga gets knocked for trying too hard!!!

Always one to watch though.

tricky 28-02-06 10:28 PM

Just watched the WSBK from the weekend, looks like its going to be a cracking season.
Suprised Lanzi didn't place better considering his strong showing at the end of last season.
Also not keen on the new Yamaha Italia livery. Mrs Tricky taped on a rather old video tape so quality wan't ace and I was struggling to tell the Yams from the Ducatis in some places .

spudnuts 03-03-06 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H62
Quote:

Peter

Will they be racing in the Rizla bule livery.

Here ya go.

http://upload3.postimage.org/31296/rizlagp.jpg

Can i just say what a Fandouble tastic idea, having a race chat section. bravo =D>

spudnuts

Peter Henry 03-03-06 06:14 PM

Just a little question but is the Ducati Xerox decal scheme not just the prettiest out there?(Yeah,yeah of course I am biased!) :lol:

fizzwheel 03-03-06 06:55 PM

Quote:

Just a little question but is the Ducati Xerox decal scheme not just the prettiest out there?(Yeah,yeah of course I am biased!) :lol:

I think the Fila Ducati scheme from the year before was much nicer

Peter Henry 04-03-06 07:47 AM

Yer man Troy Bayliss on the Ducati has kicked butt to take provision pole for the races! He was closely followed by Alex Barros which is a fantastic result for him at only his second WSB meet.

Live on Spanish TV so I think I will sit up and watch the action unfold. :lol:

The Basket 04-03-06 08:47 AM

I think Alex Barros will do ok this year...depends if he can keep focus.

Carlos Checa is doing well...I said that Ducati should have kept him on...but he seems to be doing better without 'em. Had a top end of season last year and deserves his ride.

It is worring the Ellison isn't on the pace. 2 seconds behind Checa is a long time...lets hope he picks up a second or two. Pedrosa is also a bit below expectations...ah well...

John Hopkins is showing promise and both the Suzuki And Kawasaki look fast...even the Roberts team are flying...top racing.

kwak zzr 04-03-06 10:45 AM

the two troys at philip island should be fun! i think corser still has the edge on the better bike.

Peter Henry 04-03-06 01:16 PM

*coughs and splutters at kwak zzr's comment*

Corser on the better bike? Bah humbug! :P

Tell you what though Steve Martin who is one funny guy in his cheesey movies has done nothing short of miracles to get the Foggy Petronas on to the front of the grid! Brilliant. Three Ausies on the front row could lead to a touch of fairing bashing! Just hope Bayliss can sort his terrible off the mark starts out! :shock:

To quote the famous man himself when talking to Priscilla presly in one of his films..."Nice beaver!" :lol: :lol:

kwak zzr 04-03-06 02:20 PM

is martin on the front row! :shock: well done that man! i like to see the FP1 with some kind of result. i'm watching superpole at 4 on eurosport.

kwak zzr 04-03-06 02:21 PM

*Peter Henry* bayliss was well fast on the ducati in the corners on the last race all over the back of corser, he just looks like he needs 5 more horses on the straights.

tricky 04-03-06 04:22 PM

Quote:

To quote the famous man himself when talking to Priscilla presly in one of his films..."Nice beaver!" :lol: :lol:

Sorry to be pedadic but isn't that Leslie Nielsen in one of the naked gun movies.
I'm in a bad mood because Superpole is delayed on Eurosport because of the snooker, so I come on here to kill some time (not thinking) and find out whos on pole anyway !
:(

Plus is been a lovely sunny day and my bike is still brakeless !

Its just moan moan moan with some people isn't it :wink:

Peter Henry 04-03-06 04:36 PM

Tricky...Of course it was.....I couldn't resist throwing it in anyway! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And oh dang! Don't tell me that we also have to have a 24 hour blackout regarding qualifying matters also? :?