SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Soho Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Memories (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=237334)

Sir Trev 20-09-20 12:17 PM

Memories

Happened to be walking from Waterloo to Marylebone a week or so ago, mainly to avoid using the Tube. Went via a remarkably deserted Oxford Street to get a few things while I was there and spotted a coffee shop that looked familiar on the way. I only came by here once on a Friday night to meet up with The Massive but it still brought back happy memories.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...708559c4_z.jpgSoho Massive as was by Trevor Laight, on Flickr

chris8886 21-09-20 09:46 PM

Re: Memories

I still think of the good times we had there, would love to meet there again!

Stu 22-11-20 11:35 PM

Yup we should!

chris8886 23-11-20 10:14 PM

He's alive!!!!! How goes it Stu?!

rictus01 29-05-21 05:56 PM

Haven't been on here for years now and even longer a meet at Neros, after rebuilding a laptop and importing old info my login details were saved, so though I look in, seems a little quiet, anyone do any rideouts of meets ? or just memories?

Sir Trev 29-05-21 06:30 PM

A bit quiet it may be Rictus old bean but some of us are still about. Trouble is life keeps getting the way and I rarely seem to have time to get out on the T100 at the moment...

rictus01 29-05-21 06:42 PM

indeed understandable over the last 18 months or so, I still get out for a half a dozen or so decent rides up country each year as well as the local stuff, I believe the Selkent group do most stuff on whatsapp these days, but haven't been in touch in a few years, the last time I was at Soho was to meet Greg & Pauline and no one else turned up (think it was 2017)., like most things it seems we were part of a more active past.

chris8886 29-05-21 11:16 PM

Nothing really happens anymore Mark :( it's a real shame.

rictus01 29-05-21 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 3128959)
Nothing really happens anymore Mark :( it's a real shame.

Well that's quite an achievement, I mean it was a popular site and they still make the Sv I believe and it was always a great "first big bike", I'd have thought they'd be a continual influx of new riders, guess it really is the movers & shakers have moved on :smt102

garynortheast 30-05-21 08:27 PM

Have a look at the Border Patrol section Rictus. We were having regular rideouts before the pandemic, including weekends away.

Ruffy 30-05-21 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 3128960)
Well that's quite an achievement, I mean it was a popular site and they still make the Sv I believe and it was always a great "first big bike", I'd have thought they'd be a continual influx of new riders, guess it really is the movers & shakers have moved on :smt102

I think Facebook has a lot to answer for. There are a number of SV-related "Groups" on there that seem to naturally attract the interest from those new riders.

(Personally I find the FB functionality not a patch on this forum space, that is one of the best on the web. Such a shame.)

Geodude 31-05-21 05:48 AM

Hey Rictus great to hear from you and also to know your still out and about :D

Sir Trev 31-05-21 04:01 PM

The problem with Friendface is that some of us don't have and don't want an account. And WhatsApp is only OK if you don't mind relative strangers having your private number and you have to be invited to the group so its difficult to grow. Sorry, sounds negative, but web forums are far more open and inclusive in my book.

Geodude 31-05-21 05:20 PM

+1 Sir Trev I don't use any of those at all and won't be anytime soon.

anna 31-05-21 08:17 PM

Hellllllloooooooooo - looks like there has been a little resurgence in visitors on the site. I hope you guys are well, I certainly miss the meets at Nero's. I didn't realise they weren't really a thing as when I have visited London I have managed to catch a few familiar faces there - perhaps that's because it was pre-arranged.

rictus01 01-06-21 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geodude (Post 3128998)
Hey Rictus great to hear from you and also to know your still out and about :D

:salut:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anna (Post 3129053)
Hellllllloooooooooo - looks like there has been a little resurgence in visitors on the site. I hope you guys are well, I certainly miss the meets at Nero's. I didn't realise they weren't really a thing as when I have visited London I have managed to catch a few familiar faces there - perhaps that's because it was pre-arranged.

Hello stranger, long time, hope all is well, Had Filipe come up on one of those "birthday reminders" things just recently, but to be honest I'm not on there much.