SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Tyres (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   motorways (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=62222)

suzsv650 25-07-05 11:25 PM

motorways

right ive just got new z6s fitted to my bike must say excelent tyers i havent even worn them in "poperly" and ive already got rid of all the chicken stip lol

but anyways i live in bristol soon i will be rideing down to newquey about 150miles... most can be done on m ways but im worryed about my tyers squareing off should i worry ?? or should i take windey roads? / go round roundabouts a million times???

help please :?

lynw 25-07-05 11:28 PM

yep your tyres will square off with a lot of motorway miles.

Im doing 122 miles a day commute and about 100 of that is motorway mileage. cant remember how many miles exactly I got out of my z6s but my tyre consumption is quite high :oops: :)

suzsv650 25-07-05 11:33 PM

Quote:

yep your tyres will square off with a lot of motorway miles.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i gues il be takeing the windey roads all the way down and back then or would the 150 miles b ok ??

i dont wona destroy my lovery z6s they are soo good

oh and i love the chicken strip makers on the edge of the tyers lol

Godikus 25-07-05 11:36 PM

awww bollux :cry: Never even thaught about that. 500 motorway miles on sat then 500 more on sunday... won't need to use my sidestand anymore :lol: and i was quite chuffed about how well i've managed to keep my tyres rounded aswell. i suppose since the motorways will be relatively empty i could just swerve across 3 lanes all the way down :roll:

i love new tyres they always go over so easy just after scrub in. thats when i had no chicken strips and the hero blobs would go down easy, but after comuting on the motorway say buh bye to decent turning in. try a mix of motorway and twisty.

suzsv650 25-07-05 11:46 PM

lol im on autoroute now franticly trying to avoid the motor way lol

i think ill get the A38 down to tounton then il get on the motorway from taunton to exiter and then from exiter - newquey its all windeys! lol wel this is the plan ! lol

Godikus 25-07-05 11:51 PM

Motorways are boring anyway, nothing to look at but rows of speed cameras and open road for miles. if it wasn't for me wanting the most direct route i would take the twistys every time

Cloggsy 26-07-05 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzsv650
oh and i love the chicken strip makers on the edge of the tyers lol

Elephants aren't they :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

suzsv650 26-07-05 11:09 AM

Quote:

Elephants aren't they
yeap ive got all the lines on the front and im on the first one on the back but ive only done 20 miles on the rear ! amazing!

creamerybutter 26-07-05 11:25 AM

Is it is a one off journey? Cause if it is your tyres aren't going to square off too much after 150 odd miles I wouldn't have thought, if you were doing that evey week then or 100 motorway miles a day like Lynw then you tires will square off fairly quick. I personally would worry too much.

suzsv650 26-07-05 11:05 PM

no its just a one off we are going down newquey for the weekend **** up in all the clubs lol!