SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Exhausts (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Fitting a Fuel Zorst (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=88515)

DanDare 01-05-07 11:53 AM

Fitting a Fuel Zorst

I have decided to take the plunge and buy a S/S Oval Fuel Exhaust.

My question to those who have them is do Fuel supply the correct link stuff to the old pipe and where do you make the cut?

I am worried about making a incorrect cut and it sticks out everywhere.

Also how does slipping one pipe over another ensure a tight enough seal to prevent exhaust gases escaping and the exhaust blowing from the join???

Cheers in advance

Dan

sarah 01-05-07 12:04 PM

Re: Fitting a Fuel Zorst

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanDare (Post 1175948)
I have decided to take the plunge and buy a S/S Oval Fuel Exhaust.

My question to those who have them is do Fuel supply the correct link stuff to the old pipe and where do you make the cut?

I am worried about making a incorrect cut and it sticks out everywhere.

Also how does slipping one pipe over another ensure a tight enough seal to prevent exhaust gases escaping and the exhaust blowing from the join???

Cheers in advance

Dan

they send you a link pipe and instructions including a diagram of whre to cut, you need to get some sealant stuff to seal the join

Scoobs 01-05-07 12:27 PM

There should be a "jubilee" type clip to errrr.....clip round the joint. I just used a bit off bathroom mastic to seal mine. Didn't have any problems.......or mildew.

Manguish 01-05-07 01:02 PM

You get instructions where to cut.

50mm up from the weld.

REALLY easy to do and it sounds awesome - i would whole heartedly recommend you take the plunge ;)

gettin2dizzy 01-05-07 04:08 PM

- alot of us haven't bothered with sealant. i didn't and its fine :)

Manguish 01-05-07 04:08 PM

I didn't either ;)

independentphoto 01-05-07 05:46 PM

50mm from the weld in the original pipe like everyone has said. Take your time and be careful - don't screw it up.

The link pipe supplied is for the new can only (unless you want to butcher the original even more). A reconnection sleeve can be supplied for £15 when needed. A little smear of clear silicone sealant on both ends of the link pipe prior to final fitting and tightening will ensure no leaks.

You'll LOVE it!

Garry
:cool:

DanDare 03-05-07 11:06 AM

Ordered it last night, there's no going back now.

I can't wait! :D

DanDare 12-05-07 11:13 PM

Fitted my exhaust today. :cool:

Took a while to cut the pipe and it was a bit heart breaking for a while as it felt like I was destroying the old girl. Bit tricky too without cutting the footpeg.

Started her up and she purred beutifully, it sounds sooooo much better so took it for a spin.:smt003

Then brought it home and removed the baffle hoping I'd notice the difference in tone.

OMFG! :smt101 How cool is that sound. Loved revving it much to the annoyance of my neighbours. That'll teach them to let their flamin dogs bark and kids scream everyday.

How many chaps and chapesses on here leave the baffle out then and have you been yanked by the boys in blue???

TEL 13-05-07 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanDare (Post 1185449)

How many chaps and chapesses on here leave the baffle out then and have you been yanked by the boys in blue???

Baffle well and truely staying out now, no going back for me (except for mot time :p )

Not had a pull from the old bill yet,but then tend to give it low revs when their around , does'nt sound too offensive then :rolleyes: