SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   'Smart' TRE mod??? any good?? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=73479)

Khewett 22-06-06 12:48 PM

'Smart' TRE mod??? any good??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRE-for-SV650-...QQcmdZViewItem

anyone fitted one of these?

Seems to do the same job as a G-Pack but cheaper.

And avoids tickover or cold start problems of a TRE mod using just the wire and resistor type method.

Appreciate any views.

thanks
Kieran

Peter Henry 22-06-06 01:12 PM

Before someone comes around tutting at you mate,(whispers)

Do a quick search as the subject has been talked to death. :wink:

Khewett 22-06-06 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Before someone comes around tutting at you mate,(whispers)

Do a quick search as the subject has been talked to death. :wink:

I have, but cant find any with refrence to the above one which differs from the other ways to do this mod I have read about.

So again anyone fitted the specific type of TRE mod in the link above? If so was it anygood compared to a more expensive G-pack?

Jonooffler 22-06-06 04:02 PM

TRE mod

Hi mate I know what your on about I asked the same question the other day after looking throught the forum and did not find any thing.
I was going to get the one like your talking about from ebay but ended up getting a Nikko G Pack that was up for sale on ebay at he same time. The Nikko is fine the tick over is smooth. I paid £35.00 for mine and feel that it's money well spent.Some ridders say that they dont feel any difference but I think it does.
I feel that at £105.00 the book price for the Nikko I would spent the cash on a new pipe but at the sort of money that youe can get these little boxes for it well worth it.
Keep a look out I have seen 3 G Packs go through ebay in a week all went for around the £40.00 mark.
Jono SV650S K3 Evo tec tail tidy and Nikko G Pack

Khewett 22-06-06 04:04 PM

Re: TRE mod

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonooffler
Hi mate I know what your on about I asked the same question the other day after looking throught the forum and did not find any thing.
I was going to get the one like your talking about from ebay but ended up getting a Nikko G Pack that was up for sale on ebay at he same time. The Nikko is fine the tick over is smooth. I paid £35.00 for mine and feel that it's money well spent.Some ridders say that they dont feel any difference but I think it does.
I feel that at £105.00 the book price for the Nikko I would spent the cash on a new pipe but at the sort of money that youe can get these little boxes for it well worth it.
Keep a look out I have seen 3 G Packs go through ebay in a week all went for around the £40.00 mark.

thanks mate thats what I was after these do seen to be simaler to a 'g-pack' just cheaper :)

Khewett 22-06-06 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khewett
Quote:

thanks mate thats what I was after these do seen to be simaler to a 'g-pack' just cheaper :)

Where in the loom do they fit mate, under the tank???

weazelz 22-06-06 08:42 PM

shouldn't stuff like this go in a FAQ ?

Jonooffler 23-06-06 09:35 AM

TRE mod

Hi mate to fit this box of tricks you need to remove the two black panels under the seat and the remove the seat. Unscrew the two allen screws at the front of the tank and lift the tank and prop in place the conector plugs in near the hinge at the back of the tank on the left hand side ( as you sit on the bike ) there is very little room to move but it can be done. once fitted put every thing back on and ride.
The Nikko web site says that the TRE mod works in 2 gear from 2700RPM to 8200RPM and 3 gear 2100 RPM to 8200RPM the one on ebay claims to cover all gears from 1 to 4 there is no restriction on the UK bikes in any gear other than 2nd and 3rd. The ebay one only gives a smooth tick over when it's in neutral the Nikko one works when the bike is in gear as it only works after 2700 RPM and does not work in first gear.
I think the Nikko one is better so if you can find one for £40.00 I would get that one over the copy.
I would never use home made oil in my bike Nikko have a good track record the one on ebay might be made by an 11 year old in his spare time.
Jono
SV650S K3 Evo tec tail, R&G bungs and NIkko Gpack

northwind 23-06-06 10:08 AM

If you want to muck about with the timing, about the same money buys an ignition advancer, which gives far better, verifiable results...

Khewett 23-06-06 05:42 PM

Quote:

Hi mate to fit this box of tricks you need to remove the two black panels under the seat and the remove the seat. Unscrew the two allen screws at the front of the tank and lift the tank and prop in place the conector plugs in near the hinge at the back of the tank on the left hand side ( as you sit on the bike ) there is very little room to move but it can be done. once fitted put every thing back on and ride.
The Nikko web site says that the TRE mod works in 2 gear from 2700RPM to 8200RPM and 3 gear 2100 RPM to 8200RPM the one on ebay claims to cover all gears from 1 to 4 there is no restriction on the UK bikes in any gear other than 2nd and 3rd. The ebay one only gives a smooth tick over when it's in neutral the Nikko one works when the bike is in gear as it only works after 2700 RPM and does not work in first gear.
I think the Nikko one is better so if you can find one for £40.00 I would get that one over the copy.
I would never use home made oil in my bike Nikko have a good track record the one on ebay might be made by an 11 year old in his spare time.
Jono
SV650S K3 Evo tec tail, R&G bungs and NIkko Gpack

Thanks the the kinda info I was after