SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   AR09 Campsite Comments. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136878)

gruntygiggles 03-08-09 09:59 PM

Re: AR09 Campsite Comments.

+1 on what Fizz said. Regardless of any of the comments I or others have made to give some constructive critism, the weekend was fabulous and there is certainly something that you can pass on to Jim, James and the staff from our gang.........

Keep your service levels, atmosphere and hospitality standards exactly as they are, some things can't be improved and the way we were welcomed and looked after by Jim and his family was second to none!

Warthog 03-08-09 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laMon (Post 1992359)
There's a time and place for everything, but where can you have a coffee in the middle of a field under a tent provided by someone else, organised by someone else, brought in by some one else and cleaned up by someone else?!!! AND park your bike and a tent and fill their drains to the brink and explode them (!) (who's helmet got the $hite?) Then test ride the bikes and do hand brake turns in cars all for 10 tenner a night? And get a goody bag, smiling barman that never has a strop, booze that is not sold by them being consumed in copious amounts...if you ask me...it was a bargain...this is the greedy south and we were in Essex! If and when Eddie Jordan comes for a Hog Roast all the above will not be possible.
I COULD tell you some of the horror stories of the commercialiesed greedy Poles in Zakopane, I will not set my foot there again!
Integrity before profit IMHO. That is what we had. It's only to be thank for.
So thank you Sally and all of the rest who work so hard to deliver a GRAND AR09:notworthy:

+1

Cazza 03-08-09 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntygiggles (Post 1992374)
...there is certainly something that you can pass on to Jim, James and the staff from our gang.........

Keep your service levels, atmosphere and hospitality standards exactly as they are, some things can't be improved and the way we were welcomed and looked after by Jim and his family was second to none!

+ 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas (Post 1992325)
a music/dance tent could be fun :rolleyes:

There was one. It was Josh's tent. Still can't get my head around the whole dubstep thing though...

dizzyblonde 03-08-09 10:20 PM

I liked the garden round the front. I could sit and relax quietly on Saturday, while the rest had a good time with the fire pit. The staff weren't bothered there were one or two of us using it either. It was really cosy and a good place to sit and hide from the rain.

laMon 03-08-09 10:30 PM

A quote for a Warthog
"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."
I guess you WERE too PI$$ED to remember :p

Miss Alpinestarhero 04-08-09 09:12 AM

I can't really add to what has already been said (toilet/showers needs improving and some lighting would be helpful for when it is dark).

It wouldnt be fair to mention the food because the OP only asked for comments on the campsite itself. However I was slightly dissapointed to only get 1 rasher of bacon in my roll. I know it was only £1.50 but one more bit of bacon would have been nice.

However it truly was an excellent campsite because we were all made to feel welcome, we didn't have many (if any) restrictions imposed on us in terms of keeping noise down etc. Heck we were even allowed a huge bonfire..! :D And we were allowed to take over the pub in the evening and shelter from the rain :D

Lucas 04-08-09 10:04 AM

it was just AWESOME

hovis 04-08-09 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1992117)
thing is....... its not an avrage campsite, its more of a pub and a feild.

i have been thinking a bit more about this.

if it was a "propper"* campsite, i dont think we would have been made to feel so welcome, or got away with what we did. (huge fire, up drinking till stupid oclock, riding round with no helmets, starting up bikes late at night etc)

its probably also a good job that we were pretty much the only ones there,

i cant beleive the peeps in the caravan, a few feet from the fire did not complain lol

*when i say propper, i mean one thats got the facilitys to atract the public more and become a family type site

Supervox 04-08-09 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1992811)
i have been thinking a bit more about this.

if it was a "propper"* campsite, i dont think we would have been made to feel so welcome, or got away with what we did. (huge fire, up drinking till stupid oclock, riding round with no helmets, starting up bikes late at night etc)

its probably also a good job that we were pretty much the only ones there,

i cant beleive the peeps in the caravan, a few feet from the fire did not complain lol

*when i say propper, i mean one thats got the facilitys to atract the public more and become a family type site

Good point - well presented !!

As for the caravanners - I believe that Jim had told them what was occurring over the weekend & it was their choice to stay or not - having decided to stay there wasn't really a lot they could say was there ? :cool:

Spiderman 04-08-09 12:35 PM

i think this really is the most important thing for us when considering the next AR too, having someone like Jim who is happy to let us do what we do.