SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Any qualified scuba divers out there? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=170510)

rictus01 07-10-11 03:46 PM

Re: Any qualified scuba divers out there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie (Post 2612661)
The best place I dived was of the coast of Belize... :0)
Good times.

Placencia for the whale sharks and the blue hole at lighthouse were awesome experiences; shark ray alley is something else as well as it's only in 3m depth.

Cheers Mark.

yorkie_chris 07-10-11 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBrad (Post 2612645)
thing is if its got air in and you drop the bike your going to kill the small kid at the side of the road/in the car next to ya!

irresponcible imo :( sort it out chap, hire it or use a car.

Given the choice I'd rather stick it all in a nice van that I could kip in the back of too, but the £2000 insurance quotes write that idea off. C***s!

The dip tubes on those valves mean it won't take off like a rocket, especially not held down with 2 or more ratchet straps. And I'd be more worried about the 160kg of hot metal and petrol...

Tim in Belgium 07-10-11 08:33 PM

Riding a bike with 160 kg of hot petrol! :shock: very irresponsible!!

Red Herring 08-10-11 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBrad (Post 2612588)
Holy crap man I hope your not intending to ride it with that tank on there!!!!!!!!

He could always try and wear it....along with the rest of his gear. Not sure about the abrasion qualities but he shouldn't slide to far in a rubber wetsuit....:D

yorkie_chris 08-10-11 05:46 PM

Tell you what I think you could be onto something there, plug in the drysuit inflator too and push it in case of a crash.... instant pneumatic shock absorbing too. Might roll a fair distance though...

theboatman 08-10-11 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 2613036)
Tell you what I think you could be onto something there, plug in the drysuit inflator too and push it in case of a crash.... instant pneumatic shock absorbing too. Might roll a fair distance though...

Not going to work, it would not keep your arms in, 10/10 for trying tho, just using the BCD might work :D

yorkie_chris 12-06-12 12:03 PM

So how is everyone else who popped in here getting on with their diving?
Wish I'd started years ago...

Going to the Clyde to look at some rusty scrap in August, and hopefully get a cheeky one in at the end of this month, but am poor so will be pikeying it up in the back of the van if I go for that...

And I've started leaving a full cylinder on the back of the bike all the time, find everyone gives you loads of room filtering :-P

yorkie_chris 12-06-12 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboatman (Post 2598846)
...could organise a weekend with some diving up in Loch Fyne, I could organise try dives for those that want to try and they take some of you out on the boat to do some great diving...

Anyone interested?

I think this could be a good laugh.

SUPERSTARDJ01 12-06-12 01:20 PM

Sounds interesting but due to a holiday booked in August this would have to wait till next year, went to Stoney Cove Sunday just gone, had a great time 1st dive viz was crap maybe 3-4 feet and ended after 12mins as my buddy had issues, next dive lasted 22mins and much clearer deepest we went though was 7.1m.

tactcom7 12-06-12 01:40 PM

Always fancied learning, done the odd dive on holiday etc. The missus is up for learning as well. Where's this blue lagoon in ponte of which you speak? or is that slang for the lake in ponte park ;)