SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Photos (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   OTaL: Chat Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=184555)

Brettus 16-09-12 08:28 PM

Re: An experiment, would you be up for taking part?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterTommyH (Post 2772481)
I'm in.

Hope you're planning on passing the charger on too? Or it's the type that takes AA's rather Li+?

Yup, it's a canon S3IS. I'm not sure whether to send rechargeable batteries and a charger or just a large pack of duracells. I've got a 2 or 4 gb card for it which should last it for its journey without deleting any but it'd be nice for anyone competent enough to back it up online to ensure nothing is lost. This also makes it more accessible I think. There shouldn't need to be postage costs as most of the travelling can hopefully be planned by orgers.

The pictures of location and/or a thread should let us keep track of it and map it's journey.

I don't need the camera back in any specific time frame and I appreciate it might get broken on its journey so no hard feelings if so. I see a week per person as a reasonable guide timeframe but it is up to whoever has it at the time I guess.

It could be interesting to see what different people can do with the same hardware. It's got a pretty decent zoom on it and can do 15 second exposures natively IIRC so it offers some scope for creativity.

Looking like a positive response so far, will let the poll run and suggestions flow and then formulate some plan at the end of the week if so.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Richie 16-09-12 08:32 PM

Yes :0) I'm in.

Stuuk1 16-09-12 08:33 PM

I'll play.

They did this on the canon forum I frequent, but did it with a 50mm lens and the user posted the photos in a special.thread. it went around the world until it died.

orose 16-09-12 08:44 PM

Sounds like a laugh - I'm in.

Richie 16-09-12 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuuk1 (Post 2772494)
I'll play.

They did this on the canon forum I frequent, but did it with a 50mm lens and the user posted the photos in a special.thread. it went around the world until it died.

link please to the photos.

andrewsmith 16-09-12 09:14 PM

Sounds like a good one to join in on

Sid Squid 16-09-12 09:35 PM

Yes.

jamesymurray 16-09-12 10:06 PM

Yeah, definitely up for that.

DarrenSV650S 16-09-12 11:05 PM

I'm up for that. This year or wait till next summer though?

missyburd 17-09-12 12:33 AM

Fantastic idea, would give me a chance to mess about with a camera better than my now battered Fujifilm bridge lol. I'm definitely in :D