SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Pointy no spark (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=230011)

Stilo 14-07-18 04:10 PM

Re: Pointy no spark

Thanks, i will check that, yes the ECU has been out but it has been running since I put it back in

Bibio 14-07-18 04:28 PM

all i can think of is that you haven't plugged something in. check the STVA connector is plugged in.

if it was running then not think of the last thing you done.

safety switches on the pointy will stop the bike from actually turning over.

if the plugs are dry then its not getting fuel.

Bibio 14-07-18 05:21 PM

there is no resistor built into pointy switch. i've had one apart.

Bibio 14-07-18 06:01 PM

nope never missed it there is none on UK pointys.

some of the US ones have them apparently.

Stilo 14-07-18 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3088978)
all i can think of is that you haven't plugged something in. check the STVA connector is plugged in.

if it was running then not think of the last thing you done.

safety switches on the pointy will stop the bike from actually turning over.

if the plugs are dry then its not getting fuel.

""check the STVA connector is plugged in"" where is that? I had the air box off is it part of that?

I realised that it is not getting fuel, but no spark as well, what could be a common fault?

glang 14-07-18 07:38 PM

I cant see it being any sensors or anything on this list as the appropriate code would show up so I can only think its a problem with the ECU or its connections.......

C12 Crankshaft position sensor (CKPS) Pick-up coil signal, signal generator C13 Intake air position sensor (ZAPS) C14 Throttle position sensor (TPS) C15 Engine coolant temperature sensor (ECTS) C21 Intake air temperature sensor (IATS) C23 Tip over sensor (TOS) C24 Ignition signal #1 (IG coil #1) For #1 cylinder C25 Ignition signal #2 (IG coil #2) For #2 cylinder C28 Secondary throttle valve actuator (STVA) C29 Secondary throttle position sensor (STPS) C31 Gear position signal (GP switch) C32 Fuel injector signal #1 For #1 cylinder C33 Fuel injector signal #2 For #2 cylinder C41 Fuel pump control system (FP control system) Fuel pump relay C42 Ignition switch signal (IG switch signal) Anti-theft C49 PAIR control solenoid valve

Bibio 14-07-18 07:44 PM

STVA is under the airbox at the front RHS (sitting on bike) of the frame. the connectors on the airbox including the rubber hoses will throw an FI but wont stop the bike from running but disconnecting the STVA will.

https://www.binano.fr/Documents/Repo...njection-1.jpg

Stilo 15-07-18 08:25 AM

Thanks very much, I wont get the chance to look at it until next weekend but will let you know the outcome

Stilo 15-07-18 08:27 AM

OK thanks, I will double check the connections
Quote:

Originally Posted by glang (Post 3088999)
I cant see it being any sensors or anything on this list as the appropriate code would show up so I can only think its a problem with the ECU or its connections.......

C12 Crankshaft position sensor (CKPS) Pick-up coil signal, signal generator C13 Intake air position sensor (ZAPS) C14 Throttle position sensor (TPS) C15 Engine coolant temperature sensor (ECTS) C21 Intake air temperature sensor (IATS) C23 Tip over sensor (TOS) C24 Ignition signal #1 (IG coil #1) For #1 cylinder C25 Ignition signal #2 (IG coil #2) For #2 cylinder C28 Secondary throttle valve actuator (STVA) C29 Secondary throttle position sensor (STPS) C31 Gear position signal (GP switch) C32 Fuel injector signal #1 For #1 cylinder C33 Fuel injector signal #2 For #2 cylinder C41 Fuel pump control system (FP control system) Fuel pump relay C42 Ignition switch signal (IG switch signal) Anti-theft C49 PAIR control solenoid valve

Stilo 21-07-18 11:08 AM

Checked the SVTA and thats plugged in ok, checked the ECU is plugged in ok.Had the starter switch apart & checked the orange & white wires, checked the fuses,changed the starter solenoid. Took the side stand switch off and checked the connection. Still no spark, the pump is priming but the plugs are not getting wet, Ive not disconnected the fuelhose to see if fuel is coming through as I broke the clip on the connector once before and I dont want to do it again. Put it into dealer mode again & still no additional codes. Looks like I am going to have to take it to my local friendly Suzuki dealer unless anybody else has any ideas?