SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Keis Heated Clothing (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140831)

Son of a beesting 12-10-09 10:56 AM

Keis Heated Clothing

Hi

In my search for a warmer commute I have been looking at Keis heated clothing.

Does anybody have any experience of this kit?

Is it any good?

Thanks

Dave20046 12-10-09 01:33 PM

Re: Keis Heated Clothing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of a beesting (Post 2061395)
Hi

In my search for a warmer commute I have been looking at Keis heated clothing.

Does anybody have any experience of this kit?

Is it any good?

Thanks

Do a search, I'm sure this has been covered. I bought some ridiculously priced Klan heated gloves last year and was sooo unimpressed. Only used a couple of times. Think some people on here rate 'giali' then again my memory's crap so I've probably just made that name up.

ranathari 13-10-09 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave20046 (Post 2061575)
Do a search, I'm sure this has been covered. I bought some ridiculously priced Klan heated gloves last year and was sooo unimpressed. Only used a couple of times. Think some people on here rate 'giali' then again my memory's crap so I've probably just made that name up.

How about you do a search yourself before telling others to do it.

There's two results for Keis, one is this thread and the other is a thread about chinese restaurants.

Dave20046 14-10-09 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranathari (Post 2062945)
How about you do a search yourself before telling others to do it.

There's two results for Keis, one is this thread and the other is a thread about chinese restaurants.

There are definitely other topics on heated clothing, recommended brands are mentioned.

What's said about the chinese restaurant? Got a link?

:kiss:

Son of a beesting 15-10-09 10:24 AM

I was actually after info on that brand in particular as they do heated glove liners which I liked the idea of.

I did do a search on the name before and I found only the chinese restaurant thread as well.

Dave20046 15-10-09 10:32 AM

Ahh sorry thought you'd been offered some keis kit cheap or something and just wanted to know good brands. Can't help with 'keis' brand, but I have 'klan' heated glove liners and they are very poor whether that's down to the brand or the nature of the gloves I don't know as they're my first ever pair.

Son of a beesting 15-10-09 10:42 AM

No problems.

I am changing my mind everyday as to whether to get heated gloves or heated grips and mitts.

By the time I make my mind up it will be summer

Dave20046 15-10-09 11:16 AM

hehe, I thought heated inner gloves would be the best solution as I could use my existing leather protective, waterproof gloves, and not have stupidly chunky grips fitted & I also figured they'd be warmer as the heated coils run down the back of your hand & the heat is being produced inside your insulative glove. However like I say I was thoroughly dissappointed ( especially after parting with such a lot of cash), I've never had any feed back from anyone else on heated inner gloves though so it could be just me, or infact I'm even half wondering whether I have a dodgy pair. (that's how dissappointed I was with them).

I've since bought a new bike which the previous owner had fitted heated grips to, I was originally going to just rip them off but I soon got used to them so the chunkyness doesn't bother me anymore. I also tried them out a couple of 'reasonably cold' october days and they did the job well. They also do a 'sport' version which is a narrower grip. Think oxford hot grips retail around £40 which is half the price of the average heated glove/inner glove.

ranathari 15-10-09 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of a beesting (Post 2064972)
I was actually after info on that brand in particular as they do heated glove liners which I liked the idea of.

I did do a search on the name before and I found only the chinese restaurant thread as well.

Where did you find the glove liners? The Keis heated vest has good reviews so I was planning to get one but I couldn't find a pair of heated glove liners to go with them - all I could find was a pair from Gerbing and I don't know if the connectors are interchangeable.

Son of a beesting 15-10-09 12:09 PM

http://londonbikers.com/news/10473/k...d-under-gloves

They call them under gloves not glove liners as I first wrote, sorry!