SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   EuroTour (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   August Europe trip - where to stay?? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=181686)

F4LL3N 17-07-12 07:13 PM

August Europe trip - where to stay??

Hi all,

Planning a small trip with my girlfriend for the end of August, on a tight budget (don't fancy camping due to ease) and looking for cheap places to stay in/close to the following locations:

- Bruges, Belgium (preferably somewhere that doesn't mind a late check-in of around 21:00 hours, local time)
- Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Strasbourg, France
- Basel, Switzerland
- Homburg, Germany
- Dinant, Belgium

If anyone can give me some pointers on some decent places - not bothered about how luxurious, just cheap and cheerful!

Oh and if you fancy throwing out any road suggestions too that would be superb :D

F4LL3N 17-07-12 08:46 PM

Re: August Europe trip - where to stay??

Update: Camping isn't so much of an issue now, so if you have any campsites you can recommend too that would be great :)

Specialone 18-07-12 08:01 AM

Gaz. if you have a satnav, just type campsite in to POI when you're getting close to where you'd like to stop, then navigate straight to it.

There is a guy that has collated tons of biker friendly campsites etc and made them into a POI file for satnavs, cant remember what its called but im sure someone will know, might be worth loading that up.

F4LL3N 18-07-12 09:47 AM

That would be good if someone knows! Also, what about being bike friendly? I've heard some camps dont really like bikers?

Specialone 18-07-12 10:08 AM

Most campsites in France and Europe IMO will be more biker friendly than here as so many riders do euro tours.

I will ask Aliwakeskate about the poi file with campsites as I'm sure he knows what it's called.

F4LL3N 18-07-12 11:55 AM

Cheers mate, would be a great help =)

aliwakeskate 18-07-12 03:49 PM

This is your man Archie Camping Europe. Absolutely brilliant as it lists all known campsites in europe (about 30 000 or so) - the guy updates it fairly often . I've used it 2 years in a row and never failed to find a site when needed.

F4LL3N 18-07-12 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliwakeskate (Post 2745467)
This is your man Archie Camping Europe. Absolutely brilliant as it lists all known campsites in europe (about 30 000 or so) - the guy updates it fairly often . I've used it 2 years in a row and never failed to find a site when needed.

Awesome, thanks mate, greatly appreciated !

Loopydog 22-07-12 08:07 PM

www.river-valley-guest-house.co.uk We charge just 18 euros pp pn with breakfast, for forum members - about £14! probably less than a campsite if you factor-in breakfast. Lovely area for biking. We've actually got a forum member staying with us right now!

F4LL3N 23-07-12 07:09 AM

Actually that could work for us! We only need the one night around that area - the 31st August if you have it?