SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   The No Goat Tracks Autumn Ride. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=237269)

garynortheast 16-09-20 10:14 AM

The No Goat Tracks Autumn Ride.

Right, so who’s on for another ride in a few weeks time. This one will definitely not involve goat tracks or enduro style lanes! We can make it a weekend ride as well so all those of you still unfortunate enough to have to work weekdays can join in.

Who’s free, and when?

Grant66 16-09-20 10:24 AM

Re: The No Goat Tracks Autumn Ride.

I'm in, assuming the weather is reasonable (Wales heat wave would be ideal i.e. weather only requiring one layer of artic clothing)

Any weekend after the next one, for some reason our social diary is fairly clear.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked

Adam Ef 16-09-20 01:44 PM

Do you fancy venturing further South into mid Wales... The Brecons?

garynortheast 16-09-20 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3119978)
Do you fancy venturing further South into mid Wales... The Brecons?

We could do but I don't know the area well enough to plan any routes. It's out of my parish like! Have you a route in mind Adam?

Failing that how about Rhaeadr-Tregaron-Aberystwyth area? There are some fine goat tracks down there....ooops!! No, no, what am I saying?

Adam Ef 16-09-20 09:09 PM

I realy want to ride the A483 Llandovery to Newtown, or the reverse (with a B4358 detour instead of going through Builth Wells). I've not it before but it's meant to be good. I've done a few roads around the Brecons. Could probably work out a route and recce it if there was a few weeks to get round to it.

I've got some of my favourite routes nearer me in South Wales and Gloucestershire, but probably a bit far for you guys.

Adam Ef 16-09-20 09:14 PM

How about Newtown > Aberystwyth > Tregaron > Llandovery > A483 back to Newtown ?

Have you been along the A44 to Aberystwyth.... is it worth riding or a bit boring A-roady?

Adam Ef 16-09-20 09:15 PM

If you head further South there's plenty of Byways that John might like around the Elan valley (kidding :-) )

admin 18-09-20 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3120006)
I realy want to ride the A483 Llandovery to Newtown, or the reverse (with a B4358 detour instead of going through Builth Wells). I've not it before but it's meant to be good. I've done a few roads around the Brecons. Could probably work out a route and recce it if there was a few weeks to get round to it.

I've got some of my favourite routes nearer me in South Wales and Gloucestershire, but probably a bit far for you guys.

Tis a good road and I often pop into the cafe at crossgates

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

admin 18-09-20 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3120009)
If you head further South there's plenty of Byways that John might like around the Elan valley (kidding :-) )

That's fine if you want to heave me and the vfr back onto the road!

admin 18-09-20 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3119960)
Right, so who’s on for another ride in a few weeks time. This one will definitely not involve goat tracks or enduro style lanes! We can make it a weekend ride as well so all those of you still unfortunate enough to have to work weekdays can join in.

Who’s free, and when?

I'm never going to live the 'Goat track' comment down.