SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   AR10 itinerary help (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155383)

N8te rider 30-07-10 06:18 PM

AR10 itinerary help

Hi all. Can someone tell me what the itinerary is for the AR10 weekend i.e. rideouts, eating times, etc

thanks

BernardBikerchick 30-07-10 06:33 PM

Re: AR10 itinerary help

normally tends to be told when we're there when they have a markers meeting etc .... follow the bike in front ! ;)

N8te rider 30-07-10 06:38 PM

There are so many threads to read. I came accross one that suggested there would be a saturday morning rideout but no times or route mentioned.

Messie 30-07-10 07:41 PM

Main ride starts off at 9.30 for the pre-ride briefing. The rest of the day will be filled with riding, stopping occasionally for food/loo/nattering then return to base. Ride will last pretty much all day. No route published but won't be needed as all junctions will be clearly marked by a dedicated and experienced team.

Saturday evening is party time

Sunday morning is recovery time.

For me Sunday pm is ride home time - for others this will be at other times.

Think that about covers it

Drew Carey 30-07-10 08:56 PM

Messie has pretty much covered it all really.

It really is a chilled out weekend. Cheryl and the rest of us will make ourselves known to all so if anyone has a question ask away.

petevtwin650 30-07-10 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 2332734)
No route published but won't be needed as all junctions will be clearly marked by a dedicated and experienced team.

I believe there are going to be maps available on the day. What if a bike experiences a problem and has an extended stop? The rider needs to know where the run is going to try and re-join it if the problem is fixed.

N8te rider 30-07-10 09:06 PM

Cheers guys

Drew Carey 30-07-10 10:44 PM

Yes there will be maps given out when peeps arrive on site so they can have a good look and ask Strecthie, Cheryl, me or any of the markers if you have any questions. There will also be general tips and contact details on this sheet. So deffo worth folding in your pocket for the ride.

As for breakdowns. TEC will stay with anyone who breaks down. Plus TEC will contact a number of the markers etc who will notify Strecthie and plans can be made to assist. No one will be left alone at anytime.

The main key to help this is for peeps to make sure they flag down a marker / TEC so that we are aware. Pulling over in a layby / petrol station and not telling anyone will mean someone could be missed. So we just ask that people flag it.

On a seperate note. We are all old enough to sort ourselves out so ask people are sensible, don't drink too much Friday etc etc etc.

It really is a weekend of chilling, no worrying etc.

SVStorm 30-07-10 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petevtwin650 (Post 2332771)
I believe there are going to be maps available on the day. What if a bike experiences a problem and has an extended stop? The rider needs to know where the run is going to try and re-join it if the problem is fixed.

You expecting to have issues with your bike then Pete? :smt003

_Stretchie_ 31-07-10 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVStorm (Post 2332829)
You expecting to have issues with your bike then Pete? :smt003

Well, it might rain, and with all those Italian electrics...

:cool: