SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Home Safe Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155707)

Electro 08-08-10 06:15 PM

Re: Home Safe Thread

Home scoffing my tea as i type. Too many thanks to give out. Met loads of fantastic people this weekend who made my weekend so brilliant and i hope to share many more with you all for many years to come.

Binky 08-08-10 06:25 PM

Home, but on the back of a truck. :(

Think i had the mightiest of all might punctures. Managed to ride back to the OK diner (about 3 miles) on a really flat tyre. Got to the garage, after mucho squirming and delicate cornering, to find the tyres too hot to touch and looking like they'd been ragged round a track.

Pumped it up only for it to be back down to 0 psi in less than a minute or so.

This should have been named the Annual Puncture Rideout.

Cheers all for a great weekend though, especially those who put so much effort into organising everything.

fenjer 08-08-10 06:26 PM

Fenjer and RavingDavis landed safely in Scotland at 5:00. Fantastic clear run up the A49, M6 A74 and A702.

Had a ball - best biking weekend since the GM... :)

tinpants 08-08-10 06:49 PM

Got home at about half 2 after a really long journey home (an hour and five minutes!!!!).

Top weekend with top people.

Electro, you, sir, are a true gent. Glad to make your acquaintance.

Specialone 08-08-10 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electro (Post 2338380)
Home scoffing my tea as i type. Too many thanks to give out. Met loads of fantastic people this weekend who made my weekend so brilliant and i hope to share many more with you all for many years to come.

And i forgot to give you them indys :(
Took them there and brought them back, pm me your address and i will post them to you.

Phil

hongman 08-08-10 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellerophon (Post 2338399)

Electro, you, sir, are a true gent. Glad to make your acquaintance.

+1 although I wouldnt say "gent"!

Top geezer. Had me in stitches last night with some stories!:smt046

Specialone 08-08-10 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binky (Post 2338384)
Home, but on the back of a truck. :(

Think i had the mightiest of all might punctures. Managed to ride back to the OK diner (about 3 miles) on a really flat tyre. Got to the garage, after mucho squirming and delicate cornering, to find the tyres too hot to touch and looking like they'd been ragged round a track.

Pumped it up only for it to be back down to 0 psi in less than a minute or so.

This should have been named the Annual Puncture Rideout.

Bugger :(
We stopped at the ok diner as well, dmc had a puncture repair kit on him but by the sounds of it might have been too big.
My tyre did the same on the way down, looked liked it had been ragged to death, did decrease my chicken strips by about 5mm though, so every cloud has a silver lining lol.
I reckon ive lost a few hundred miles worth of wear due to that puncture, i knew something was up but didnt realise it was a puncture so was still going at speed.

pmapp 08-08-10 07:00 PM

Me and Daz landed back at about 15:00, safe sound and comfy.

As has been said - massive thanks to all involved in planning, organising and doing; you made a lot of folk very happy.

Time for sleep.

the_lone_wolf 08-08-10 07:05 PM

Reporting in...

Lozzo 08-08-10 07:06 PM

Lozzo signing in from home. I took the scenic route and stopped in to see eldest daughter in Warwick for a cuppa before she went out.

Many many thanks to GruntyGiggles and Stretchie plus everyone else who put so much hard work into organising the AR.

Also, many thanks to Shelly for giving me a room in the rag-hotel thereby sparing me having to erect my tent.

Was great to see so many faces I knew, and even better to meet new folk.

Roll on AR11