SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Pointy no spark (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=230011)

Stilo 14-07-18 10:15 AM

Pointy no spark

I am rebuilding an 05 pointy. It was running fine but now it wont start at all.
The battery is good and it turns over well
F1 is showing on the dash. I have done a search & found the diag link & used my home made "diag tool" it says c-00 which is normal & the TPS is set correctly, no further codes have shown up.
So back to basics, there is no spark at either plug and although I can hear the fuel pump the plugs are dry.
The side stand switch has been in and out since I changed the plugs but if that was playing up wouldn't it stop it spinning over?
Any idea what to check next?
Thanks

glang 14-07-18 12:09 PM

Re: Pointy no spark

you really need to download the manual as it explains all about FI problem diagnosis. One important thing is that each time the ignition is turned off the fault code memory is wiped so you need to put it into dealer mode and then try a start.....

Bibio 14-07-18 12:40 PM

stop/run switchgear switch. you need to check the continuity of the switch in/out. IIR you can do it at the switchgear end instead of the connector end (which is a nightmare to get off)

Stilo 14-07-18 03:19 PM

So would it still turn over if the switchgear was playing up?

Stilo 14-07-18 03:20 PM

Yeah done that, no new, additional codes came up

Stilo 14-07-18 03:22 PM

Can you give me an idiots guide how to check the continuity please, Ive got a multimeter

Bibio 14-07-18 03:44 PM

its pretty simple. this is very very basic testing. you can do the same with a simple bulb tester rig.

stick the red DMM probe on/in the OUT wire (Orange/White) of the switch. turn your DMM to 20vdc and turn the bike on then put the stop/run switch to ON then place the black probe of the DMM to the frame or negative battery terminal if there is no voltage when the switch is ON then the switch is fubar.

to check you are getting power into the switch do the same as above but use the Orange/Black wire.

if you cant get at any terminals or solder blobs then stick probes through the insulation of the wire. once done put a blob of glue in the hole. or use a hot needle to melt/scrape a little insulation over the hole.

Bibio 14-07-18 03:47 PM

hhmmm come to think about it the bike wont even turn over if the switch is fubar.

have you checked the fuses?

do you have an alarm fitted?

Stilo 14-07-18 03:50 PM

Yep checked the fuses, no alarm fitted

Bibio 14-07-18 04:02 PM

check the Orange/White wire terminal on the connector loom of the stop/start switchgear.

have you had the ECU out at any point?