SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Photos (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Vintage film cameras (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=216097)

johnnyrod 28-05-15 08:23 PM

Re: Vintage film cameras

Well got the pics back from the Vitomatic - garbage. Almost all way too dark, will have to go over my notes on settings used but it's almost like it only works at a very short shutter speed. I was metering at 100ISO for a film that was 200 but I didn't know it, but that's far from the whole picture. No idea how old the film was though a couple of pics came out fine. Will have to try the shutter tester when I build it! On the plus side I got a couple of 8x8 enlargements form the 120 folder and they're properly amazing

Kenzie 28-05-15 08:59 PM

Pop some shots up. Just had some 127 film arrive.

johnnyrod 28-05-15 09:34 PM

I have to be honest, I can't be arsed, they're that bad! I have to go upstairs and get my old scanner woken up each time, and it has bits of dust inside the case which I can't get out. I might have a go at scanning the enlargements. Reminds me, we have an old HP negative scanner at work, I might give it a go if I can figure it out.

johnnyrod 29-05-15 09:05 AM

Is this you?
https://tightfistedphotography.wordpress.com/

Kenzie 29-05-15 12:00 PM

Not me,but an interesting blog. Will have to have a read!

Sent from my Xperia T

Kenzie 05-06-15 06:51 PM

Just been given a Brownie 620-D from a garage drawer. Part used film inside so we fired off the last shots. Unloaded and found to be original Kodak Six-20 film. Just finding out if they will process it. Also just sent off the 120 film from the Korell and the Ensign.

johnnyrod 05-06-15 10:13 PM

Blimey you're busy! I finally finished making the shutter tester, my wife bought a pair of earphones from Poundland to pinch the cable from, but they were unbelievably xhit. It was basically string with a single copper strand each way so unusable. Sorted it out though and had a go with a couple of old rangefinders and an SLR. They are all a bit slower than they should be, around 1/2 to 1 stop so overexposing which is no bad thing. Daughter is yakking all over the place tonight so not much peace, will have more of a go another time!

Where are you getting the 120s developed? I used The Photo Processors who were good but pricey, have been using Peak Imaging who are more reasonable and seem fine. Not sure about Jessops, my first 35mm film came back scratched and I couldn't find anything in the camera, which was very clean anyway, that would have done it.

Sir Trev 06-06-15 09:39 AM

A timely question following JR's post above - where are you getting your processing done? Have uncovered Lady Poppy's Pentax P30t which is in clean and working order after a good ten years in a cupboard. Fresh batteries in and the light meter seems happy and there is no sign of gunge, oil or fungus in the kit 22-80 lens. Getting film is no issue but I was hoping to put a roll of b+w through it to make sure it is still light proof but Jessops send it away and quote 2 weeks turnaround, and the postal services (develop and scan) seem very expensive. C41 colour processing from Jessops is not much cheaper it seems. I'm not intending to set up a darkroom so what do you guys do?

maviczap 06-06-15 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie (Post 3011938)
Just found out that my local asda will develop and scan to cd 35mm and 110 film for less than a fiver.

Sent from my Xperia T

Asda

Kenzie 06-06-15 11:01 AM

My local Jessops will do one hour instore develop and scan for £8. I am using rollfilmproceesing for the 120 film. Two rolls of 120 develop and scan was £16.97. Off to the Lake District tomorrow for the week and wondering what film camera(s) to take.

Sent from my Xperia T