SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Photos (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   OTaL: Chat Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=184555)

Brettus 16-09-12 10:24 AM

OTaL: Chat Thread

Morning All,

I've been pondering an idea for a while, I've got an old digital camera that is sat gathering dust. I'd like to set a brief outline of what to do with it and then pass it on to another orger, who passes it on to another and so it continues around the country and through our combined area.

It'd need a little planning (a signup list most likely) so that it doesn't get down to Essex and and then someone in Wales wants it etc.

The idea I was thinking is, each person gets up to 5 pictures, the first must be the person with their forum name, second ideally some landmark or place sign to show where it is and the rest, anything you want to try and take a picture of. Once you are done, pass it on to another person in your area and hopefully because of the regional overlap it can get passed between org regions, snowballing our collective as it goes.

Of course I might be wrong and no-one wants to do it anyway, hence the poll.
No offence taken if you don't of course!

I'll put up some more details if it looks like enough people might be interested to get it around.

SuzukiNess 16-09-12 10:29 AM

Re: An experiment, would you be up for taking part?

sounds brilliant Brettus :) thats a yes from me :)

Nobbylad 16-09-12 10:50 AM

I'm up for it and as I travel regularly to London/ Manchester, can always accommodate passing it onto another member.

Mark_h 16-09-12 05:32 PM

We could create a virtual digital camera with something like google docs or picassa and a bit of discipline.

Effectively all can view but each "passer" changes the owner password and only the new person and a "super user" knows it. That way it stops a free-for-all of posting pictures and would save the camera getting lost and the effort/cost of shipping it around.

Brettus 16-09-12 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_h (Post 2772386)
We could create a virtual digital camera with something like google docs or picassa and a bit of discipline.

That's a damn smart idea, but it would mean that people are comparing camera phones to point n shoots to DSLRs etc.

Although passing a single camera would mean people having to familiarise themselves with a different camera but it could also allow people that don't have a camera (I assume such people exist but I dont know) to have a go perhaps?

Maybe we should have an org virtual relay one anyway given the ease with which it could be done. This idea may be dead in the water yet.

littleoldman2 16-09-12 05:56 PM

Go on then, I'm in. Single camera may be best as it will allow time to absorb and organise the photo's.

ravingdavis 16-09-12 07:24 PM

I'm game for this, I'm usually in either Reading or Cambridge.

Mikey10 16-09-12 07:37 PM

im in either method would be a great idea depending on how many people want ot get involved.

Steve_God 16-09-12 08:09 PM

Sounds like a cool idea!

MisterTommyH 16-09-12 08:14 PM

I'm in.

Hope you're planning on passing the charger on too? Or it's the type that takes AA's rather Li+?