SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Chat (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=124787)

Dan 30-01-09 10:51 PM

Chat

Is it just me, or is there quite a lot of it these days? I mean, unavoidably lots of it?

Now, I've never done the 'megathread thing', so maybe I just don't get it, but isn't random drivel what Facebook (which I also don't 'do') is for?

That is all.

MR UKI (1) 30-01-09 10:53 PM

Re: Chat

You've just created more CHAT with this thread ;)

Dan 30-01-09 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR UKI (1) (Post 1767014)
You've just created more CHAT with this thread ;)

No, I haven't. I'm not intending to have an inane conversation with anyone about nothing important. I'm attempting to elicit serious responses to prompt a discussion.

Baph 30-01-09 10:57 PM

Dan, I think you're right. There is more chat on the site these days. But that chat is mainly contained to Idle Bander, so IMO, it's fair game.

MR UKI (1) 30-01-09 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1767017)
No, I haven't. I'm not intending to have an inane conversation with anyone about nothing important. I'm attempting to elicit serious responses to prompt a discussion.

Then yes, I agree. Definitely more 'chat' has appeared recently.

Jester666 30-01-09 10:57 PM

Yes! There is far too much drivel.

That is all!

Girth 30-01-09 10:57 PM

There's more chat because people are ****ed off with the weather and aren't out riding. :)

Dan 30-01-09 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girth (Post 1767025)
There's more chat because people are ****ed off with the weather and aren't out riding. :)

But why here? Why not on one of the myriad sites specifically designed to be populated with a load of old cobblers?

fizzwheel 30-01-09 11:00 PM

There probably is, but then the sites got much bigger and well its grown from what it originally the site started out as.

As long as it stays in idle banter then I dont see what the problem is.

Random chat it supposed to stay in the megathread, but it doesnt always and if we moved it all into the megathread we'd spend all out time moderating and not actually enjoying the bits of the site that we like using.

It would really help if we could self moderate and make sure our posts were appropriate for the section that they've posted in.

Yep facebook is ideal for that but not everybodies on it and I cant get on facebook at work, where I can get on the forum at work so it helps keep me sane.... but I've made alot of friends on here and I think its because we know each other quite well now from meets at AR's that its become quite chatty.

hovis 30-01-09 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1767010)
Is it just me, or is there quite a lot of it these days?

yup, your right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1767031)
But why here? ?

maybe its just the fact that everyone logs on here, instead of the other sites because you know there will be someone to talk to?