SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Braided hoses - Goodridge or Hel? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103918)

Tim in Belgium 03-02-08 04:44 PM

Braided hoses - Goodridge or Hel?

Going for a set of braided hoses, is there much difference between Goodridge and Hel? The main difference that I can see from a search is that the standard goodridge fittings are zinc plated steel, not stainless, is this much of an issue?

I'll probably go for a two hose race set up as it's cheaper, and I can get rid of the front splitter, making a megaweight saving ;)

Stig 03-02-08 04:45 PM

Re: Braided hoses - Goodridge or Hel?

They are much the same really. As you said, just make sure you get the stainless banjo bolts and washers.

Tim in Belgium 03-02-08 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1404926)
They are much the same really. As you said, just make sure you get the stainless banjo bolts and washers.

Is there an issue with the zinc plated type?

Stig 03-02-08 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium (Post 1404929)
Is there an issue with the zinc plated type?

Nothing apart from the zinc plating will last next to no time and then it'll start to rust.

Dangerous Dave 03-02-08 07:12 PM

I've had my Hel lines on for over 4 years now and the still look like new on an everyday used bike.

neio79 03-02-08 07:28 PM

Get Hel, Goodridge use the Zinc as standard you pay extra for the stainless ones. Where as Hel use all Stainless fom the off.

Richie 03-02-08 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1404932)
Nothing apart from the zinc plating will last next to no time and then it'll start to rust.

+1 agreed with you there...
I've got the Goodridge ones... but I think the rear line is a little too short.:smt088

Tim in Belgium 03-02-08 07:32 PM

Hell, it looks like I'll be going all 666 for some Hel lines then, and keep the SV for another year.

Robw#70 03-02-08 07:41 PM

I dont like the HEL lines, their specs are always wrong, either way to long or only just enough.
They swage the collar to the fitting so they cannot be twisted if the ends aren't in line (see above quote) wheras Goodridge can be twisted a little if needed.
As always you get what you pay for which is why goodridge is dearer for stainless

Sid Squid 03-02-08 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robw#70 (Post 1405072)
I dont like the HEL lines, their specs are always wrong, either way to long or only just enough.
They swage the collar to the fitting so they cannot be twisted if the ends aren't in line (see above quote) wheras Goodridge can be twisted a little if needed.
As always you get what you pay for which is why goodridge is dearer for stainless

+1

Whilst it's true that a braided line is a braided line, the Goodridge stuff just seems to fit better more often, guess which one I always buy?