SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Must haves and no-no's for AR11 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=158704)

Littlepeahead 09-12-10 03:09 PM

Re: Must haves and no-no's for AR11

Good weather. I am not spending the whole ride out putting my waterproofs on/taking them off/on/off/on/off again while you all laugh at me.

An ice aream shop that sells mint Cornettos.

For Ewan McGregor to announce that he's bored riding with Charley and would much rather come to the AR11 with me as his pillion. (You did say this was a wish list didn't you Sal?)

Messie 09-12-10 04:40 PM

Hey that works for me! I'd want Charlie anyway - we can share :)

Quiff Wichard 10-12-10 11:50 AM

we had about 4 disposable bbq's there at 07 didnt we in the real wet n rain .. was that there??

with Devil Biccy (Deeas then) doin the cooking

BernardBikerchick 29-12-10 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobs (Post 2393743)
No riding my bike up anyone's chuff.

you can do it heheheheheheheheheh you hav to go !!! iain';t got a bike and i got to go to a frigging weedddding and i am going lol

wattyfred89 30-01-11 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 2393965)
On the same topic, I am sure ManxMatt will be along to suggest a Tyre Fitters within walking distance, if not on-site...

:D

orose 30-01-11 09:24 PM

The way Matt goes through tyres, I'm tempted to see if we can get a mobile fitter on site :p

andrewsmith 30-01-11 09:28 PM

haha

dare i suggest the GMII tire routine.
Here is a fact for you all; you more likely to get a flat on roads you use everyday of the week, as you know where to avoid on road position etc.. and you'll hit spread crap from a waggon or a wide turn bringing into the road line

SoulKiss 30-01-11 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 2438895)
we had about 4 disposable bbq's there at 07 didnt we in the real wet n rain .. was that there??

with Devil Biccy (Deeas then) doin the cooking

I've alrady put in my bid for doing the BBQ :)

Even roped someone else in to help out if I get awarded the job :)

Was asked what kind of notice I needed, pointed out I had about 30 mins warning in '09

orose 30-01-11 10:24 PM

I just wanted to know what the limits were... I'd recommend against going too deep into the hip flask though, just in case ;)

More seriously, what level of cuisine are people thinking they might want? Michelin stars are probably off the menu, but a sit-down dinner is an option. I'm used to rally food, so a greasy midnight burger or two is all I need... sometimes though, it's nice to have more.

rictus01 31-01-11 07:12 AM

as far as sustenance is concerned I'd say, Friday evening; each to their own, Saturday B/fast; be nice if something was available but the little chef is just down the road, Saturday Evening BBQ of some description, Sunday morning; as Saturday.

A nice touch is if we could have a power point with a kettle for making a brew.

Cheers Mark.