SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Keep an eye on your bank account! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=109076)

Defender 25-04-08 10:32 PM

Keep an eye on your bank account!

Went to Morrisons on Thursday evening to do some shopping.

I've just checked my YB account online and plain as day, Morrisons have taken payment twice for the same goods. I've printed out my balance and I have my till receipt and I hope Morrisons will credit my account for the extra payment they took. I am not a happy person as this is akin to theft!

I wonder how many other people get robbed like this. So my advice is, keep an eye on your bank account!

SV-net 25-04-08 10:35 PM

Re: Keep an eye on your bank account!

My banks empty anyway.

Frank 25-04-08 10:40 PM

Look peeps
whenever you get a bank statement do as I do TREAT IT AS A BILL and look at everything on it

ooger 25-04-08 10:57 PM

yep...seen this before

As have I seen a barcode scan a bunch of flowers at £86.10

...it was me that scanned em.

(in my spotty youth :rolleyes:)

kitkat 26-04-08 07:24 AM

pay with cash

Fizzy Fish 26-04-08 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gid (Post 1490876)
Look peeps
whenever you get a bank statement do as I do TREAT IT AS A BILL and look at everything on it

+1

I've had fraudulent transactions on two accounts over the past year - ?300 and ?100 respectively. Thankfully I picked it up quickly and had the money refunded, but it's worth checking statements when they arrive cos if you don't inform the bank/credit card company early enough they may not pay you back!

Lozzo 26-04-08 09:02 AM

Only recently I was scammed for about 900 quid which bought mobile phones for someone. I managed to get refunded by my bank, but it left me without a debit card for 4 days while a new one was issued.

hovis 26-04-08 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat (Post 1490958)
pay with cash

agreed

i hardly ever use my card,

beaniebikerbabe 26-04-08 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defender (Post 1490870)
Went to Morrisons on Thursday evening to do some shopping.

I've just checked my YB account online and plain as day, Morrisons have taken payment twice for the same goods. I've printed out my balance and I have my till receipt and I hope Morrisons will credit my account for the extra payment they took. I am not a happy person as this is akin to theft!

I wonder how many other people get robbed like this. So my advice is, keep an eye on your bank account!

omg wonder how many times they do that and no one checks or notices ????? :smt021

punyXpress 26-04-08 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooger (Post 1490886)
yep...seen this before

As have I seen a barcode scan a bunch of flowers at £86.10

...it was me that scanned em.

(in my spotty youth :rolleyes:)

Pal ( male ) has scanned bill for £17600 for a pair of tights ( don't ask ) what the hell was going on there?