SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Carb heater question (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=69014)

sprocket 06-04-06 03:43 PM

Carb heater question

Hi, I've just managed to damage part of my carbs DOH. Its the metal bolt that the heat sensor connects to on the under side of each carb. Gold in colour and has two electrical connections. Anyone know a part number on this one. I've gone through the parts lists but cant find it.

Thanks

BILLY 06-04-06 04:24 PM

Try your local suzuki dealer for the part no.

TSM 06-04-06 04:25 PM

Re: Carb heater question

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprocket
Hi, I've just managed to damage part of my carbs DOH. Its the metal bolt that the heat sensor connects to on the under side of each carb. Gold in colour and has two electrical connections. Anyone know a part number on this one. I've gone through the parts lists but cant find it.

Thanks

As its coming to summer why not just leave it off anyway, no fuel will come out as its just a thread to hold the heater.

haggis 06-04-06 04:25 PM

Oops! I did the same thing once. :oops:

You might not get them in a parts list as they were a uk only part i think. I might still have the little bag with the part number on it. Will go look tonight if you don't get an answer off anyone else.

haggis 06-04-06 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSM

As its coming to summer why not just leave it off anyway, no fuel will come out as its just a thread to hold the heater.

Summer? What's that! We had hailstones and frost today. :(

If you do disconnect it, do the same on the other one too! Otherwise you'll have problems.

TSM 06-04-06 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haggis
Summer? What's that! We had hailstones and frost today. :(

No rain here in londinium.

sprocket 06-04-06 04:45 PM

HEHE Thanks guys, I got on to my local dealer and they're looking for me. Might see how much the parts gonna cost .. haggis any idea what you paid? Will probably just put it on now though rather than leaving it for the summer, saves removing the carbs again and having to fiddle with it.

Bloody things are a pain in the ass, 90% of the bolts had seized so had to drill them all out. Gonna get on to chewy for some replacements lol.

Had to replace pretty much all the bolts on my bike now hehe

haggis 06-04-06 05:58 PM

Not much, maybe £10 tops?

In my defence it was a couple of years ago! :wink:

Sid Squid 06-04-06 07:48 PM

I really wouldn't bother replacing it, they don't work anyway, as for disconnecting the other one to avoid problems half nothing is still nothing.

embee 06-04-06 08:39 PM

I confess I managed to knock the front carb heater off when removing the carbs once. :oops:

The heating coil is loose inside, seems to simply make contact at each end by spring pressure. Fortunately I collected the bits and reassembled with Araldite. It's still in one piece. :idea: