SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Off to N. Yorkshire (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=229678)

garynortheast 13-06-18 08:23 PM

Off to N. Yorkshire

All excited now at the prospect of a decent length ride. Heading up to N. Yorks to sort out some computer problems for my mate, Mick. He's riding down to Doncaster to meet me, where we're going to have a look at a cheap second hand Vauxhall Zafira that I may buy. Then off up to his place via a few twisty roads.

Heading back south on Friday afternoon via a few more twisty roads around the North Yorks moors.

Bike is sat in the garage with the tail pack on, ready to go at 6.30am. I'm just about to pack some IT kit in the tank bag along with a few other essential, then it's off for an early night.

Like a kid at Christmas me! :D

shiftin_gear98 13-06-18 08:43 PM

Re: Off to N. Yorkshire

Enjoy, take it easy.

Bibio 13-06-18 08:48 PM

have a good one Garry :-)

garynortheast 13-06-18 09:33 PM

Cheers fellers. I'll try and remember to take a few pictures!

yokohama 14-06-18 07:20 AM

Prepare for some serious wind.

punyXpress 14-06-18 08:31 AM

Yorkshire food isn't THAT bad! ;)

garynortheast 14-06-18 09:40 PM

Sat at Mick's house in Boroughbridge in computer lending mode.

Eventful day so far. Good ride up despite the traffic, farm vehicles, and miles of loose chippings.

Bought a cheap Vauxhall Zafira to replace my scabby old Peugot which will be going to the scrappie's next week.

More computer mending tomorrow and then hopefully a bit of a ride out and the trip home.

Back up on the train next week to collect the "new" car from Mick's, where it is staying for a few days.

And I forgot to take pictures.......

maviczap 15-06-18 04:06 PM

Said bye bye to my Zafi after 13 years of sterling service.

Red ones 15-06-18 05:42 PM

You did well. I celebrated getting rid of mine after 9 years of pain, expense and largely waiting for the RAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garynortheast 15-06-18 10:49 PM

Home again after a "mission accomplished" kind of two days and a belting, largely cross country ride back down from N. Yorkshire. The bit from Derby through Uttoxeter, Stafford, Gnosall, and on to Telford was particularly spectacular with the most amazing sunset setting the sky alight!

I need to go back there again on Tuesday to collect the Vauxhall from Mick's place but I've decided not to use the train. I didn't fancy a one way fare of just under £70.00. If anyone on here is heading up that way on Tuesday and passing near mid Wales, I'd be happy to share a ride and fuel costs with them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3087264)
Said bye bye to my Zafi after 13 years of sterling service.

Was yours one of the pre 2005 models Mav? Hope mine proves as reliable. It's a 2008 1900 diesel. It needs a little bit of tidying up but it drove very nicely from Doncaster to Boroughbridge.