SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Northern track for novice? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=210299)

Roberrrrt 19-05-14 12:17 PM

Northern track for novice?

Hoping to do my first track day on the SV this year, prior commitments mean that I'll be looking early September ideally.

Been to cadwell watching bsb loads of times so know the layout well but oulton looks good fun too and not too much of a trek from Yorkshire.

Question is, what's the best track for a novice on an SV??

Geordie Mick 19-05-14 01:14 PM

Re: Northern track for novice?

doesn't make any difference, so far as I'm concerned. Mallory was always my favourite when I started out as it was easy to learn, with some good variety, but we did all the ones round your way - Mallory, Oulton, Croft (when that was allowed!), Cadwell, Donington..

Mallory and Cadwell tended to be cheaper which is probably a good thing in the early days as if you feel like missing a session out or something, then you don't feel like you've wasted your pennies.

Just my opinion.
Mick..

Wideboy 19-05-14 01:29 PM

Oulton is a fast track so would probably be a bit meh on an SV.

carelesschucca 19-05-14 02:14 PM

How North do you want to go?

Knockhill is a great place for a first trackday. Its short easy to get to know and on an SV its nice and easy to ride. They also do novice nights - for complete beginners.

Its a bit of a jaunt for ya...

Roberrrrt 19-05-14 02:30 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah had considered knockhill but might be a bit too far. Hmm

SIII 19-05-14 02:32 PM

Croft are running track days again, booked in on the 29th of July. They put out 4 dates and they were all gone by lunchtime, but believe they have added 3 more days.

Someone say Cadwell is the bestest for your 1st trackday, mine is in July !!!! On an R1 !!!!

Whitty 19-05-14 04:14 PM

Cadwell is loads more fun than oulton in my opinion, don't know if its just me but find it bit boring. It's worth the extra travel, I'm from west yorkshire also. Have you considered blyton park? It's about same distance as oulton, probably less from Morley. I'm trying it for first time on wed 4th June. Think it was £79. Oulton is a bloody rip off unless you get one of the special offers. I did cadwell 2 wk ago for £59! Mallory is good for novices as its so short so easier to learn and not bad price wise. You could also dip a toe in the water by doing 3 sisters charity rides. You pay do much for so many laps, meant to be for road bikes and its not too far away(near Wigan).

Bibio 19-05-14 04:49 PM

if East Fortune would get their act together and actually made a proper race track with proper facility's instead of the lame excuse they have they could do track days.

Roberrrrt 19-05-14 05:10 PM

Never heard of blyton?

Whitty 19-05-14 05:37 PM

Used to be just supermoto and cars but they have spent a lot of money on new track and clubhouse. They have a website, google blyton raceway.