SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Guildford Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   GM chit chat thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179521)

Spank86 22-09-12 09:48 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread

I prefer to get larger mid corner.

But that's more than enough about my sex life.

DJ123 22-09-12 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderace (Post 2775686)
Well it does seem to be the case that as soon as I get near anyone they speed up, so I chase, they speed up, I push harder and so on, like Dad getting a little out of his comfort zone, and Job on the B-roads in Cornwall, Its all down to others, as you know I would never egg on any reckless behaviour!:smt051

Those B roads in Cornwall were superb. I would not have changed a thing about any of them, and don't think it could have planned it better if we tried. I'd love to go back there and find some more :smt040

Thunderace 22-09-12 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyjob (Post 2775698)
Those B roads in Cornwall were superb. I would not have changed a thing about any of them, and don't think it could have planned it better if we tried. I'd love to go back there and find some more :smt040

I think we were very luck not to find a tractor mid corner, at the speeds we were doing it would have been.........exciting!

But yes deffo up for another Cornwall trip!:smt040

DJ123 22-09-12 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderace (Post 2775709)
I think we were very luck not to find a tractor mid corner, at the speeds we were doing it would have been.........exciting!

But yes deffo up for another Cornwall trip!:smt040

just another obstacle to over take that would be ruining the scenery and road!

Me too, think the same again next year. Looking at the map we missed of some cracking B roads. We can do the north coast instead of the South.

I had a close call with a steam tractor on the A338. I was averaging good speeds along the straights and corners, on a corner exit where i was opening it up he was there [-o< he was doing 5mph i was doing considerably more. Thankfully there was a cheeky gap for me.

Spank86 22-09-12 10:05 PM

Must be a hinsley thing.

This love of almost colliding with farm machinery I mean. You came within about a foot of not having a dad anymore.

DJ123 22-09-12 10:06 PM

One close call per outing is enough to make you feel alive ;)

Fallout 22-09-12 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spank86 (Post 2775690)
now that sounds tempting.

You've chased me down the corhampton road and I didnt lose you and round the spitfire link roundabouts.

Not sure if I go faster when Nathan's behind me or if you go faster when I'm in front.

Possibly the latter.

I'm much better at following. Definitely true. It's not the corner that is the problem, it's fear of what's round the corner that is my biggest hurdle. My sense of mortality is well developed! So following makes that easier with the "you can die and I'll use the brakes" psychology. :mrgreen:

DJ123 22-09-12 10:15 PM

i'm the opposite. I prefer to lead than follow.

Spank86 22-09-12 10:17 PM

I have less of that problem.

I think everyone gets it a bit, in me it's more the form of "oh your only leaning that far over, I'm sure there's room left at the edge of my tyres at that angle"

My problem is I can corner fast sat upright, and I can hang off, but I don't speed up when I hand off, I just don't lean the bike as much.

Need to put the lean and hang together.

Thunderace 23-09-12 01:25 AM

I'm with Si p2 is much easier let p1 take all the risk and assess from there,