SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   I.C.E (incase of emergency) (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154557)

widepants 12-07-10 05:30 PM

I.C.E (incase of emergency)

Just wondering how many of you carry details on you of people who should be contacted ,or any medical conditions you may have .May be handy incase you fall over in a drunken stuper after too much shandy.
Just because we may know you on here doesnt mean we even know your real name, let alone who to contact.
Mines always in my jacket pocket.

barwel1992 12-07-10 05:39 PM

Re: I.C.E (incase of emergency)

mines in my phone, there 2 or 3 number's labelled ICE 1,2,3 just in case one of them doesn't work :)

gruntygiggles 12-07-10 05:46 PM

Yep, got I.C.E. contacts in my phone and in my jacket pocket I have details of my name, address, emergency contact details, that I am allergic to penicillin and it also has the insurance details for the bikes I am insured on, the reference number, claims phone number and recovery phone number!

kellyjo 12-07-10 05:48 PM

Mines in my phone under ICE but in case it gets smashed in an off theres also a written copy in my purse (usually in jacket pocket).

The East Anglian Ambulance Service run a green sticker scheme whereby you keep a small card in the lining of your helmet with your ICE/ medical history on, and place a small green dot sticker on the right hand side of your helmet so in case of emergency they look at your lid and if the sticker's there they know to look for your card inside. An excellent and simple idea thought up by a group of paramedic bikers!!

Dave20046 12-07-10 05:52 PM

I've just got my home number in my phone hopefully they'd think to look for that if they're gonna bother.

I've started considering wearing ICE dog tags recently though, seems a bit of a waste of money really.
I did have an ICE/biker info card in my wallet but took it out recently after realising it didn't have any info my driving license did (Well apart from allergies, but if they're administering me penicillin for a bike crash there's something very wrong)

Edit: all that said what actually is the point of ICE. When I crashed I was well enough to ring my mum myself and get her to stay with the bike. If I'm unconcious/dead I wouldn't be sooo (well I would) bothered about the bike and in that scenario what can they do to help? Once I'm dead the ambulance/coppers can check it out properly for the deathogram lark so it's not like my family'd never know :scratch:

barwel1992 12-07-10 05:54 PM

hmm looks like i should consider getting a card to put im my jacket/dog tags

metalhead19 12-07-10 06:14 PM

My ICE details are in phone under home, or diabetic details are in my wallet which rarely leaves my side.
Could always just tattoo it to me, that way i could never lose any of it

timwilky 12-07-10 07:13 PM

Only thing that matters is in my wallet, my donor card.

In case of emergency, just get me to a hospital. anything else isn't an emergency and I will phone people as and when.

I cannot think of anything worse than being at deaths door and the bloody family turn up. If I am in a bad way ffs leave me alone.

diamond 12-07-10 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 2317636)

I cannot think of anything worse than being at deaths door and the bloody family turn up. If I am in a bad way ffs leave me alone.

+1

Dave20046 12-07-10 07:42 PM

are you supposed to carry your donor card Tim?