SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Saturday night food (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=166323)

dizzyblonde 06-06-11 05:14 PM

Re: Saturday night food

Now if you'd have asked for a nice dollop of caviar I'd have almost thought you were serious ;)

Chilli only there as a veggie alternative. I don't want someone starving because we haven't thought about them. Its a tried and tested recipe, and I'll be cooking it.
I could even stretch to couscous and salad, having a Greek in the house, we eat mountains of it, buy it in bulk!

dizzyblonde 11-06-11 08:12 PM

bumpy bumpy, I needs numbers!!!!!!!!

Steve_God 12-06-11 01:14 PM

Count me and the Mrs in :)

Electro 16-06-11 08:06 PM

If it dont Baaa Oink or Moo, it aint no good for you!!

paddy t 16-06-11 09:22 PM

just fumbeling my way through the threads , i m coming up , but the food seemed the most important thing to get my name down for first :)

Littlepeahead 17-06-11 10:29 AM

Can I put in the suggestion of a disposable veggie BBQ with some cheese and leek sausages and beanburgers?

And some lovely stinky cheese like brie and stilton. I can pack some of that if there is a fridge to put it in.

Not that I'm veggie - I just don't like to put a sausage anywhere near my mouth.

timwilky 17-06-11 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2559313)
Can I put in the suggestion of a disposable veggie BBQ with some cheese and leek sausages and beanburgers?

And some lovely stinky cheese like brie and stilton. I can pack some of that if there is a fridge to put it in.

Not that I'm veggie - I just don't like to put a sausage anywhere near my mouth.

Sounds like you need a decent butcher who puts pig in his bangers. I cannot be doing with those cheapskate so called sausages that contain fat, offal, cerial and the sawdust off the floor.

I might take some local cheese up in the cool box and you can have a nibble. Smelly Aypeth made by Sean Wilson (Martin Platt, the male nurse from corrie), and Blacksticks are two of my Lancashire blues of choice. None of that tasteless yorkshire wensleydale.

dizzyblonde 17-06-11 11:42 AM

Personally I prefer pig in my banger too Tim. At home I only buy good quality, non of this 'smartprice' in my house! but then I have a picky bugger Greek male to feed.

With a rather large quantity of diners, a limited resource at the site, I will go for the best I can buy with the money we are to be given.
I'm more concerned with folks not eating enough, of course i don't want sawdust in my bangers either, but catering for such numbers can't always give you a banger that you know the name of the pig it came from.

I'm a yorkshire mum, who puts enough food on the table for the 5000 and then some, so for the AR I won't be changing my spots and skimping on supplies. I want SK to be fed up of the sight of bangers and burgers, cause he'll be cooking all night :)

SIII 17-06-11 11:57 AM

Horns aff, wipe its bum and bang it on the fire! Yum, meaty goodness.

Sign me up for this.\\:D/

timwilky 17-06-11 02:50 PM

Dizzy, surely you only need to dish out a Kebab to keep Peg happy?

So lips, hoofs and arses on a donnar and he will smile contented