SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Yet another insurance question (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=108420)

Skip 16-04-08 11:25 AM

Yet another insurance question

I have searched but I cant find the answer I am looking for...

My insurance is due and I really like the fact that my Carole Nash policy allows me to ride other bikes - I had this same issue last year and ended up staying with Carole Nash because of it.

Does anyone know what insurance companies do policies that allow this?

eBike dont and Bennetts dont that much I do know...

BoltonSte 16-04-08 11:31 AM

Re: Yet another insurance question

If it's TPO only then MCE let you do it.

petevtwin650 16-04-08 11:40 AM

I'm fully comp with Footman James and I can ride other bikes but it's only on a TPO basis.

http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/classic_modern_bike.aspx

muffles 16-04-08 11:41 AM

Express let me, but I think it's down to the underwriter - Equity Red Star.

Gazza77 16-04-08 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffles (Post 1479691)
Express let me, but I think it's down to the underwriter - Equity Red Star.

Express let me as well, and I'm underwritten by KGM.

SoulKiss 16-04-08 11:59 AM

I still recommend calling H&R Insurance near Aberdeen.

Never been anything but great when I have had to deal with them - they will be able to get you whatever cover you need.

I am with NIG through them, which gives other bikes on 3rd party basis - and always has had - from before I passed my test even :)

Give em a yell and see what they can do :)

Skip 16-04-08 12:16 PM

Footman James came back with an awesome quote - rang Carole Nash and they matched it with a much lower excess - good job there Carole Nash! :D

Cheers everyone :)

on yer bike 16-04-08 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 1479716)
I still recommend calling H&R Insurance near Aberdeen.

Never been anything but great when I have had to deal with them - they will be able to get you whatever cover you need.

I am with NIG through them, which gives other bikes on 3rd party basis - and always has had - from before I passed my test even :)

Give em a yell and see what they can do :)

I really recomend them both, H&R was a bit confusing after my accident as I had so many different companies to deal with (solicitors/NIG/nilexcess/indipendant valuations plus some others, as they use different companies for each and can get confusing when you are suffering from memory loss and don't know who is who.)

NIG did very well looking into my claim though, giving a higher than book value for the bike. Although they did loose my cheque so had to chase them up about that. Anyway I highly recomend them, plus the solicitors appointed by H&R were very good and I hadn't even paid for legal cover!

Jasonr 16-04-08 01:06 PM

I think I have got it on mine with hastings direct Insurance companies and Underwriters have to meet your demands and needs as part of FSA compliance if you state at the beginning that this is a requirement they are obliged to only search those coys/uw that provide this cover as standard. Obviously if you phone an U/w direct they can only offer you their product.

Downside is you may not get cheapest quote.

Hope this helps Good luck
Jason

Skip 16-04-08 01:10 PM

Very impressed with the Footman James quote though - if anyone is looking to change definitely get at least a quote from them - excess was ?500 though and the Carole Nash one was only ?200.

I am lazy and have been with Carole Nash since I passed so it was easier to just stay with them when they matched the Footman James quote.

?145 with all mods declared and 3 years no claims - not bad I thought...