SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Smile... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136658)

the_lone_wolf 29-07-09 09:32 PM

Smile...

You're on candid camera...

Just fitted the bullet cam to the bike, bit of a bodge with suction cups and not wired into the bike electrics but she's working, I'll be testing it on the way up to the camp site, hopefully it'll work out and get some decent footage...

Anyone else filming for posterity?

:cool:

pencil shavings 29-07-09 09:37 PM

Re: Smile...

wish I was, but I dont have a camera :(

monkey 29-07-09 11:44 PM

What bike you on Wolfy?

rictus01 29-07-09 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey (Post 1988233)
What bike you on Wolfy?

given the avatar, I'd guess a large Blue KTM :smt102

the_lone_wolf 30-07-09 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 1988235)
given the avatar, I'd guess a large Blue KTM :smt102

^^^
He's right you know...

Coming on the Adventure:

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1248938338

I only have this and the SMR now, and the Supermoto wouldn't make the whole weekend without an oil change:smt105

rictus01 30-07-09 07:25 AM

yeah seen that colour scheme before, which is what I based my guess on.

not really my thing, but hope you're enjoying it, replacement for the baby Daytona I take it ?

the_lone_wolf 30-07-09 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 1988308)
yeah seen that colour scheme before, which is what I based my guess on.

not really my thing, but hope you're enjoying it, replacement for the baby Daytona I take it ?

The colour scheme is the one for the "S" model, has ~2" extra suspension/ground clearance over the standard and no ABS - didn't particularly want it but prefer the blue to the orange and it came up locally. It took a few rides before I got over the initial fear of having to drop off the seat to put one foot flat on level ground but now I love it

No regrets buying this over another daytona. On the roads I ride, with me as a pilot, this will go just as fast, whilst being comfortable and capable of doing next April's trip to morocco and back:love:

rictus01 30-07-09 08:31 AM

Oh no doubt, but then most Supersports are ridden around well under their capabilities, and for day to day riding the more comfortable upright rding position affords better observation and control; in turn leading to better progress. it's been over 30 years since I've been to the Isle of white so don't know what the roads are like there, but are they bad enough to warrent the extra trvel suspension ?

Cheers Mark.

the_lone_wolf 30-07-09 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 1988376)
Oh no doubt, but then most Supersports are ridden around well under their capabilities, and for day to day riding the more comfortable upright rding position affords better observation and control; in turn leading to better progress. it's been over 30 years since I've been to the Isle of white so don't know what the roads are like there, but are they bad enough to warrent the extra trvel suspension ?

Credit to the IOW Council there's been a big push to resurface roads in the last year, and lots of the worst roads are now fully redressed and smooth - the remaining main roads are similar to what you'd expect of a B road on the mainland, and the Island's B roads can be anything from "a bit lumpy" to basically a gravel track with grass growing through the middle

There's a few nice stretches suitable for a rock hard sportsbike, and the daytona did pretty well to remain composed, but the ADV is night and day more suitable for hitting the little nadgery roads and getting lost

rictus01 30-07-09 08:50 AM

Hmmmm, I would have though an LC4 might have made more sense then; no :smt102