SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Homologation papers/info on V5? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=231711)

650 07-01-19 12:06 PM

Homologation papers/info on V5?

Hey,

Has anyone ever received a set of these? I ultimately need proof of the SV1000 K4 emissions to try and get around this stupid blimmin' ULEZ nonsense. It angers me so much that my SV was fine one day, then not the next - simply because of it's age. If anyone has a copy AND it shows the emissions value, please let me know!

alternatively, I don't have the V5 to hand, does it show the emissions value on there?

I'd hate to sell the SV. I've put so much effort into it and I loooove it.

Thanks guys

Adam Ef 07-01-19 12:18 PM

Re: Homologation papers/info on V5?

They might be changing the rules a bit shortly... hopefully...
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...on-sadiq-khan/

I checked my K8 SV650s and it says it's not subject to ULEZ charge . Will that change though as it becomes older? Surely it's either polluting now and always or not and won't be any different in a few years?

Adam Ef 07-01-19 12:19 PM

MCN quote ... " Finding out is easy too. The first step is to check if your bike is already exempt by putting your registration number into the TfL ULEZ vehicle checker. If someone else has already proved to TfL that your model meets the emissions standards, then you are already exempt. If not, you’ll need to do a little leg work. All recent bikes have a Certificate of Conformity, which lists the NOx emissions. It may also be shown on your V5, and if it’s below 0.15 g/km it’s simply a case of sending a copy to TfL, who will then exempt the bike. With huge costs associated with the zone, it’s well worth doing your homework."

ophic 07-01-19 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 650 (Post 3097484)
...to try and get around this stupid blimmin' ULEZ nonsense.

Nothing to add, sorry. But if you get anywhere, please post!

Bibio 07-01-19 04:11 PM

you wont.. it does not meet the regs as its a single plug.

lesson on how to keep an industry going and make money for a council....

650 07-01-19 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3097486)
They might be changing the rules a bit shortly... hopefully...
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...on-sadiq-khan/

I checked my K8 SV650s and it says it's not subject to ULEZ charge . Will that change though as it becomes older? Surely it's either polluting now and always or not and won't be any different in a few years?

Yours is fine based purely on the year, as it's a 2007 cut off. The lack of thought that's gone into this policy is breath taking.

650 07-01-19 04:15 PM

Oh and just checked with Fowlers, they're pretty convinced the certificate of compliance doesn't contain emissions values. So, essentially, the homologation papers won't have them.

Wonder if there's anywhere I can get independently tested.

650 07-01-19 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3097513)
you wont.. it does not meet the regs as its a single plug.

lesson on how to keep an industry going and make money for a council....

It's nothing to do with that, it's based purely on year. My VFR800 being a key example - NO engine changes between 2006 and 2012 that effect emissions. My 12 plate is ULEZ compliant. My friends 2006 isn't.

They're just working on when various Euro rules came into play.

Just to be clear, I'm all for the ULEZ. Anything that reduces pollutants is a good thing, anyone who denies their impact is a twonk, simple as that. But running bikes through it is obnoxious at best. Especially when they're fuel injected and put out about 1/100th of the pollutants of even the cleanest cars.

There seems to be some movement from Khan on this, according to that article posted earlier by Adam, so fingers crossed....

shiftin_gear98 07-01-19 04:26 PM

Just did the vehicle checker, my 650 SK6 would mean I would need to pay. Single plug.
Thankfully I don't work in the ghetto anymore.

Bibio 07-01-19 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 650 (Post 3097516)
It's nothing to do with that, it's based purely on year. My VFR800 being a key example - NO engine changes between 2006 and 2012 that effect emissions. My 12 plate is ULEZ compliant. My friends 2006 isn't.

They're just working on when various Euro rules came into play.

Just to be clear, I'm all for the ULEZ. Anything that reduces pollutants is a good thing, anyone who denies their impact is a twonk, simple as that. But running bikes through it is obnoxious at best. Especially when they're fuel injected and put out about 1/100th of the pollutants of even the cleanest cars.

There seems to be some movement from Khan on this, according to that article posted earlier by Adam, so fingers crossed....

ask yourself.. how much money from the charges goes into creating things like air scrubbers to clean the air....

your being conned m8. its the councils way to raise revenue... think of it as a stealth tax.

its already been proven that its public transport that is causing the pollution so why are all the buses not electric?