SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Thank You (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113445)

fizzwheel 06-07-08 03:01 PM

Thank You

I wanted to say thanks to a few people.

To Viper for not giving in and keeping me going when I was about to chuck the whole thing.

To Mogs, Tee Jay, Strechie for all the hard effort that went into AR08 MK1

To Dan & Caz650s for being at the campsite on Friday morning before I was and mucking in and helping out. We'd never have lived it down if one of those army tents hadnt been put up.

To the entire marker team, awesome effort, not one person lost, everybody gathered up and sent the right way, Fantastic.

To Liz for raiding what looks like the entire stores from her TA Squadron to create the communal area and for looking after me all weekend and keeping me fed and watered.

To my Dad who I'm not sure many of you realised or not did TEC on the first section and then was Lead for the rest of the day.

And finally to you guys for coming :cool:

Now where are we going next year ?????

Warthog 06-07-08 03:03 PM

Re: Thank You

+1 too all of that but add Fizz to the list too of course! Awesome stuff :thumbsup:

chris8886 06-07-08 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1559379)
+1 too all of that but add Fizz to the list too of course! Awesome stuff :thumbsup:

here, here. thanks to all those and to you fizz, was a great weekend!!

lily 06-07-08 03:29 PM

just like to say +2 from me and drew

It was an excellent weekend and was so great to meet loads of new people.

Now can't wait for the next meet or the next AR :D

BernardBikerchick 06-07-08 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1559374)
I wanted to say thanks to a few people.

To Viper for not giving in and keeping me going when I was about to chuck the whole thing.

To Mogs, Tee Jay, Strechie for all the hard effort that went into AR08 MK1

To Dan & Caz650s for being at the campsite on Friday morning before I was and mucking in and helping out. We'd never have lived it down if one of those army tents hadnt been put up.

To the entire marker team, awesome effort, not one person lost, everybody gathered up and sent the right way, Fantastic.

To Liz for raiding what looks like the entire stores from her TA Squadron to create the communal area and for looking after me all weekend and keeping me fed and watered.

To my Dad who I'm not sure many of you realised or not did TEC on the first section and then was Lead for the rest of the day.

And finally to you guys for coming :cool:

Now where are we going next year ?????

fizz thank YOU xxxxx it was perfect weekend

i say lets go to france ............. i'm not kiddin !!! xxxxxxx

Spikenipple 06-07-08 03:33 PM

Thanks Fizz and everyone who sorted all of it out!

As suggested this morning and in the prior post (sorry, i didnt put many faces to names) the South of France would be nice ;)

BernardBikerchick 06-07-08 03:35 PM

thank you to Jamax for fantastic BBQ and to all the shoppers who got the food in !!!

Tara 06-07-08 04:40 PM

it was fantastic thanks guys

stewie 06-07-08 04:42 PM

Well done to all, cheers guys :D

dizzyblonde 06-07-08 04:48 PM

:smt003:smt003:smt003:cool::cool::cool:THANKYOU:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::smt035:smt035

everyone

metalmonkey 06-07-08 04:52 PM

Can't add anything more to what the rest of the gang has said, but thanks for an awesome w/end. Was great to meet all you, I still didn't get meet everyone but next time! Take care gus and thanks again to everyone for making it such a great time:cool:

Quiff Wichard 06-07-08 04:56 PM

same here- ditto x 100

didnt realise it was your dad fizz. !!

saw old friends and missed a few old friends- didnt spend long enough with ones I knew and didnt have time enough to make new mates- if only it was every weekend !!

melody 06-07-08 05:04 PM

Can't really add anything more.

Thank you a million times to everyone involved.

It was a truly fabulous week end.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Viney 06-07-08 05:08 PM

Well, thank you for doing what probably seemed an uphill struggle at times.

For all of those involved Pat yourselves on the back for a most excellent weekend.

Next year can be anywhere, but can we book a dry weekend?

Oh, and thanks for the birthday cake. It made it home reasonably safe :)

454697819 06-07-08 05:09 PM

the only way I can think of repaying you lot is to host it next year... I will keep you alll updated...

thank you so much it was awsome...

squirrel_hunter 06-07-08 05:10 PM

I would also like to say a big thanks to Fizz, Viper and the rest of the crew for all they had to go through to get this years event organized. And thanks to all for making the AR what it is.

MR UKI (1) 06-07-08 05:12 PM

Fizz and the team, you did an excellent job. First time I've met any of you this weekend, but within the first minute of arriving there was a can of lager handed to me and every time i passed one of you during the weekend you asked if everything was good and i'm sure I wasn't the only one to experience this. Well done all :thumbsup:

kitten 06-07-08 05:15 PM

Thank you times a million to everyone - thank you also to big ape and his mrs for the beers!! :D
:cat:

joshmac 06-07-08 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR UKI (1) (Post 1559525)
Fizz and the team, you did an excellent job. First time I've met any of you this weekend, but within the first minute of arriving there was a can of lager handed to me and every time i passed one of you during the weekend you asked if everything was good and i'm sure I wasn't the only one to experience this. Well done all :thumbsup:

+1

Everyone made it pretty easy to fit in, so thanks all :D

mrsgid 06-07-08 05:34 PM

we would like to say thank you for the fantastic time we had as a family. Thanks again hope to see you all again soon. The Gid Family

Wideboy 06-07-08 05:45 PM

well done to those that organised and those that went, good time had bye all, i loved it :notworthy:

Grinch 06-07-08 06:01 PM

Thanks, thanks, and thanks again, oh and thanks to the chefs on the night for cooking us all that grub.

Viper 06-07-08 06:27 PM

Fizz, you and Liz were awsome. Thanks guys for all you did. You both worked so hard.
Thanks to everybody for turning up and making it another great AR.
All those who helped, markers, chefs etc thanks so much

Ed 06-07-08 07:31 PM

I've had a terrific weekend. Thank you to everyone who organised it.

Thank you also to the Border Patrol people. You helped me slay some demons. I was sure that the Severn Bridge would collapse with me on it, or I'd be blown off. Instead these peeps formed a 'cage' around me and I didn't think twice about it:D:D:D

admin 06-07-08 07:40 PM

This had to be the best organised AR we've ever had. Lot's of hard work went in the preparation even done to little touches like a welcome beer when we arrived. It's gonna be a hard act to follow.

Well done, Fiz , Liz, and Viper and everyone else who helped.

21QUEST 06-07-08 07:55 PM

I can only echo the sentiments of all the others :notworthy: :notworthy:

For folks like me it's easy....turn up, have a good time and sod off home.

Ben

MR UKI (1) 06-07-08 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 1559660)
I've had a terrific weekend. Thank you to everyone who organised it.

Thank you also to the Border Patrol people. You helped me slay some demons. I was sure that the Severn Bridge would collapse with me on it, or I'd be blown off. Instead these peeps formed a 'cage' around me and I didn't think twice about it:D:D:D

You did very well Ed, especially considering it was a bit windy (to say the least) on the bridge aswell when we crossed it :thumbsup:

PS - I soooo want a 675 having had a sit on yours!

Miss Alpinestarhero 06-07-08 08:05 PM

Thanks to everyone for such a brilliantly organised AR08.

The army/refuge tent and gazebo was an excellent idea.

The leader/T.E.C and markers made the rideout itself a really enjoyable experience because the whole "eee what if I get lost" issue was non-existant :)

Location was super, food was tasty, people were lovely :D

You deserve a big pat on the back :D

Maria

Pingu65 06-07-08 08:17 PM

I and Pingi would like to say a big thanks to the organisers - thanks for the welcome, the puck and the beer.

The hi how's it going and the genuine interest at all times in everyone's welfare.

Well organised ride-out, beautiful rideout and view - I loved the different expressions when people see you go by - from sad to really happy.

A great experience bring on 09.

Thanx, thanx and thanx again.

dizzyblonde 06-07-08 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21QUEST (Post 1559691)
I can only echo the sentiments of all the others :notworthy: :notworthy:

For folks like me it's easy....turn up, have a good time and sod off home.

Ben

even if it is at 4 in the morning, and your the last one to leave:D

Drew Carey 06-07-08 09:07 PM

I know Lily has already posted. But just wanted to say thank you to all those who organised it. Was a blast and will hopefully attend next years with Lily on her own bike.

21QUEST 06-07-08 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1559780)
even if it is at 4 in the morning, and your the last one to leave:D

Totall committed moi :smt035 :smt003

Ben

FG1 06-07-08 10:10 PM

All the peeps involved in the weekend should stand in a circle, turn to the right and give the person in front of them one great pat on the back for a truly top weekend.
That was such a great weekend I can't wait to do something similar again.

Cazza 06-07-08 10:44 PM

A massive 'thank you' to all of the organisers / doers this weekend.

The rain was a pain, but it didn't spoil everyone's fun. I'm cream crackered - but very happy.

August next year?

northwind 07-07-08 12:19 AM

It was incredibly well done, you're all legends. I'm so pleased for the organisers that it paid off at last, it really was a total credit to you guys. Another brilliant weekend \\:D/

Also, all future ARs must include a trip to the beach.

I also need to thank Petevtwin and Lissa for the spare room and dinner on the way down- and at such short notice too, absolute starts- and Mr and Mrs Luckypants for the offer on the way home (which in the end we didn't take up, but it was so cool of them to offer) and the same goes to all the other folks who offered space on the way down. And also to Blueflame, because he did all the navigating and I just followed him :) Much easier to do a long ride with 2 than 1.

cuffy 07-07-08 06:21 AM

Another +1 from me, superbly organised, great route for the rideout, Cheers viper for telling me i looked like crap all weekend, your comments mean so much to me ;)

SupaSonic 07-07-08 07:16 AM

Awwww sorry I missed it, sounds like it was great fun.....
Well I guess there's always next year :)

But I have a good excuse......

Newbie, Newbie, Newbie, Newbie...aaaaahhhhh

dizzyblonde 07-07-08 07:27 AM

I have already thanked people over and over, and , I won't stop, because it was just sooooo ace:cool:....finally found the tired brain cell and went to bed early

Teriakimonkey was a star, helping Daz and Matt push my bike back to the camp, a bit sozzled in the rain, from the car park......it was feeling a bit lonely up there on the Friday night!!!

However, i would like to thank all those who wished Matt well in his op at the end of the month. It really has meant a lot to us both, there was a lot of kind folks genuinely concerned and interested in whats going to happen, and to those who congratulated him on getting there.
Its probably the last time he'll get on a bike in many months
I know Jester said he'd done really well to get there, it certainly was an endurance test on gritting teeth. He fell into the tent for an hour with some painkillers on arrival. Rictus and Matt spent a lot of time chatting stuff over, and I'm grateful for that.......BIG HUGS HUN!!

Oh and Bear.......ta for rescuing him after falling over....toooooo much appleade, and I wouldn't have been able to pick that wonky drunk up#-o

Thanks guys, its really meant a lot, its going to be a hard journey for us both over the next few months, but the end of a very long chapter at last

Viper 07-07-08 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuffy (Post 1559977)
Another +1 from me, superbly organised, great route for the rideout, Cheers viper for telling me i looked like crap all weekend, your comments mean so much to me ;)

No probs buddy, but you did look like :reaper: at times. too much beerage :smt056.

carnivore 07-07-08 12:06 PM

first of all i'd like to apolagise to alpinestarhero for tripping up over you and your mrs on saturday afternoon. Now i'd like to say thanks to Rictus for the chat on saturday and i'm gonna try and bite my llip a whole lot more than i do at the moment.
Bear deserves' special thanks for the medicinal help and 'picking me up'.:cool: