SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2013 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Not doing the ride.... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=199088)

rictus01 23-05-13 11:31 AM

Not doing the ride....

this'll be my 11th AR, but I haven't done the actual rideout bit for a few years and as it's an area I know well enough won't be doing that part this year, my vague plan as it's so close is to turn up on site have a relaxed day and drink a bit/lot and crash the night in the tent before riding home again.

Just wondering who'll be around on site and from when to decide what time to roll up there ?

Haven't cast anything in stone, so it could be anything from Friday evening to Saturday evening to get there all depends on the company.

Cheers Mark.

Spank86 23-05-13 12:02 PM

Re: Not doing the ride....

I believe myself and thunder ace will be on site from early o'clock on the Friday.

I know you might find me being so specific with the times unnerving but TBH I'm not sure
If Nathan is coming down on the Thursday night and lipping over mine or if we're meeting down there Friday, which will change the time I get there a little.

Drew Carey 23-05-13 12:32 PM

Me and Lily have decided to appear this year to have a catch up with peeps we know and meet some of those we have seen posting etc for the first time.....no bikes obviously but planning on pitching up Saturday lunchtime ish and heading off Sunday when most people vanish.

Sir Trev 23-05-13 01:11 PM

If I'm able to come I may well just hang about the site.

Sir Trev 24-05-13 10:51 AM

Now have confirmation I will be in the US on an induction week with my new employer from Monday 17th June. Unless I get a flight home on Friday and have no jetlag* on Saturday it is now unlikely that I will be able to make it at all...:(

*Will be coming home from California so jetlag is pretty much innevitable.

Littlepeahead 24-05-13 04:59 PM

I will not be riding because I'm coming in the car so I can bring my camera. And big tent. And fire bowl. And maybe even some cake. But no breasts. Definitely not.

Spank86 24-05-13 05:11 PM

You're going to leave your breasts at home?

rictus01 24-05-13 05:19 PM

Oh that's a shame, people always like to see a few shots of themselves on the ride, is no one taking a "bike cam" or something, or doing the lunch stop for a few pics :smt102

Littlepeahead 24-05-13 05:31 PM

I'm doing stills and video at the start, end, lunch and end route if possible.

DJ123 24-05-13 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 2870154)
Oh that's a shame, people always like to see a few shots of themselves on the ride, is no one taking a "bike cam" or something, or doing the lunch stop for a few pics :smt102

I know a few from the GM have bike cams, as do others on the ride. I'll be taking my camera along. May well have someone else do the photos on the route-i'll soon find out.