SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2014 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   AR2014- Closing thoughts (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=211182)

Littlepeahead 25-06-14 12:40 PM

Re: AR2014- Closing thoughts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 2963728)
only one indecent which i thought was not bad considering some of the roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 2964119)
anyway... i'm thanking the weather gods for smiling upon us coz if they had frowned then the AR would have been an entirely different event.

The moral of the story is never organise an AR the same weekend as Glastonbury, as the forecast for this weekend is 'start building your ark now'.

Is anyone going to reveal who was indecent or do we have to wait for the photos? :-D

Bibio 25-06-14 12:45 PM

what happens at the AR stays at the AR :-)

NTECUK 25-06-14 01:47 PM

Dark secret
Db Drives an E11 and has a money box as screen vents.......

dizzyblonde 25-06-14 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2964151)
Dark secret
Db Drives an E11 and has a money box as screen vents.......

I drive a what?

Matt-EUC 25-06-14 07:52 PM

AR2014- Closing thoughts

A merc?

Sent via the medium of interpretive dance.

dizzyblonde 25-06-14 08:51 PM

Cayman blue ;-)

rictus01 27-06-14 08:36 AM

well probably one of the last home from this, thoughts......Hmmmm, over all my impressions of my 12th attended AR, now I'm a little more fragile and older these things take a degree more planning, so distance has a fatigue factor; I'm glad I broke the journey up and stopped the night half way, it did make for a far fresher rider turning up to the site than one which had slogged it from London in one bash.

Bellingham.... nice little village, good amenities, nice food/pub and the co-op was well handy, nice local roads and a wonderful night ride was had Saturday.

Site..... it was clean and tidy, the guy seemed friendly enough and mostly kept out the way, the bunkhouse was impressive (but then it was fairly new I gather), as for camping; there were two fields, we were given the larger but more undulating one, I chose the flattest bit I could find, but still not ideal as it was some distance from the ablutions (makes a difference with a duff knee), also the grass had been cut but the trimmings hadn't been collected, this means with the morning dew it becomes wet you end up getting it everywhere, small things I know, but they do make a difference.

Organization...... Obviously my thanks for those concerned,(as it was the only bid for this year, much as last year, we could well have found ourselves in January with nothing, so well done for stepping up.), given the minimal resources I think the guys done a wonderful job and accomidated the AR thing very well, although those that kicked off Sunday morning did miss a treat as the ride that day I think was far better.

All in all a good job, would I go back????? probably not camping, but could well do a stop over on the way up to Scotland, but this years AR will as always carry fond memories and be mainly down to the folks that attended.

See you at the next one hopefully.

andrewsmith 27-06-14 07:10 PM

Thanks for the comments Mark.

Yeah the site was a bit graded, we all were sliding down the tents during the night

Nutsinatin 27-06-14 08:59 PM

If you weren't so worried about me and the sheep you could of pitched up by me, was nice and flat for me, no problems rolling away!

andrewsmith 27-06-14 09:03 PM

Very true :p