SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

littleoldman2 19-11-14 08:39 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivalagi (Post 2989315)
People who dis the NHS! We just spent most of the day in A & E and then CAU with our 3 yr old after she had another seizure and 40C+ temp that was a bugger to get down. What a great bunch of people, they know how to work with children, even little ones that don't want to speak lol...alright so it was a little slow going and we repeated ourselves quite a bit with each new assessment but they were very thorough and professional and put us at ease. Proud to be British today!

Well said

Littlepeahead 19-11-14 09:06 PM

Trouble is for every 1000 people who get fantastic service and care from the NHS you read one report in the papers about the person where the NHS 'failed' them, and often we don't hear the whole story either. While I'm glad and lucky to have my BUPA cover through work for the non life threatening stuff, when you really need them you cannot beat the NHS and my dad would not be here if it wasn't for the most state of the art cardio intensive care he received last year. Many of the nurses were not British. They said they could earn far more in the private sector in the USA but wanted to spend time working for the NHS as the experience was the best thing they could put on their CVs. What a shame we don't pay our nurses, be they British born or here to gain more experience, a decent wage.

Sir Trev 19-11-14 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2989326)
Trouble is for every 1000 people who get fantastic service and care from the NHS you read one report in the papers about the person where the NHS 'failed' them...

Unfortunately true. In emergency and critical care they are truly fantastic, but when it comes to preventive, informational or post-operative care they can and do let themselves down frequently. My mum who was not told about the shoes she'd need to wear after her bone fusing after a bunion op went wrong, or my grandmother who was never called in for varicose vein surgery on her other leg, to my daughter who was fourth on the list for maxilo facial surgery last week and was told to go home as they'd run out of time to see her, despite being in the waiting room EIGHT hours from seven in the morning... Sometimes their systems and procedures are laughable, sometimes they try to do too much and fall over, either way you read about something in the paper every week, which is a shame as the staff on the cancer ward where my aunt finished her life earlier this year were superb.

kaivalagi 20-11-14 06:56 AM

As always it's management that need a kick up the back side to sort out business process....

timwilky 20-11-14 08:06 AM

My boss has gone on vacation (Yippee)

But I only found out when an email bounced back his out of office, telling folk to contact me.

I am his formal deputy and should expect to step into his shoes as required. But a heads up with a 30 minute hot topic discussion as we normally do in these circumstances would have been nice.

Littlepeahead 20-11-14 08:15 AM

Give yourself a pay rise in his absence.

NTECUK 20-11-14 09:24 AM

MRI people forgetting to book my eye x-ray before the scan, again!!!

maviczap 20-11-14 12:13 PM

Courier drivers (UPS & Parcelfarce) who ring my doorbell & then straight away bang on the door.

I feckin heard you the first time

Bibio 20-11-14 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2989364)
Courier drivers (UPS & Parcelfarce) who ring my doorbell & then straight away bang on the door.

try being a delivery driver first before you make that comment.

Spank86 20-11-14 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2989364)

I almost always ring and knock, often you cant hear the bell from outside and so don't know if it's even working. Quite a lot of them don't.

It's pretty annoying to have stood somewhere for 5-10 mins only to find out the bell doesn't work. It's even more annoying for a customer not to get a service because they didn't hear the door.