SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

littleoldman2 15-02-19 06:48 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S (Post 3099130)
I phoned TSB to tell them I needed a mortgage payment holiday because I was made redundant. They told me I can't apply for a holiday unless I have a start date for my next job. I phoned them today to apply again now that I have a job and they said I can't apply for a payment holiday because I missed the payment and am now in arrears. Even though when I spoke to them the first time they advised me to cancel my direct debit and pay £5 towards my mortgage, which I did.

WTF is the point in even trying with these pr*cks

Had almost the same problem with my mortgage (Halifax) and mobile (orange) when I was redundant in 2004, however it was longer and so costlier.

Adam Ef 15-02-19 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SV650rules (Post 3099134)
For banks to give you a loan you have to prove you have enough money not to need it. A bank will give you an umbrella when Sun is shining but if it starts to rain they ask for it back....

Mine has just pointed out that I haven't paid much in recently so have asked I pay at £768 in the next couple of weeks or if i can't afford that they'll remove my overdraft facility and demand £2200 back in one go!!! This is due to their "policy of being a responsible lender" !!?

How does that work then exactly? Can't afford to pay in much so we'll ask you to pay in more, and even more if you can't afford the first amount!?

timwilky 16-02-19 07:03 AM

Banks tend to have all the analytics they need, they know your income and expediture patterns. These, they can divide into the necassary/luxury/frivalous etc. Meaning they tend to know the level of debt you can afford and more importantly they stand a very good risk of getting back when they squeeze. They want you to have debt, just affordable.

30 years ago, my bank was on site and we shared a dividing wall within the main office block. They were even on the site switch. So not unusual to be summoned in for chat by the branch manager. Same bank that then wanted people to take out insurance for loans despite knowing exactly what redundacy entitlement people would be entitled to. We know the company is having difficulty no insurance, no loan.

Seeker 16-02-19 06:48 PM

Google Chromecast: you can no longer set it up from a pc you can only use a tablet or a smart phone, neither of which I own. Since I've changed my wifi my chromecast is now a paperweight. Hasn't been a good week for me for tech related issues.

Edit: downloaded Android 7.1 iso file to a memory stick, booted laptop to Android and set up Chromecast. Wasn't totally plain sailing but it worked.

garynortheast 16-02-19 06:58 PM

Gripe of the day eh? Where should I start.

maviczap 16-02-19 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3099164)

Start with the least worst ;)

garynortheast 16-02-19 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3099165)
Start with the least worst ;)

Hard to say. All just feels like one big mash of crap.

Geodude 17-02-19 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3099164)

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3099171)
Hard to say. All just feels like one big mash of crap.

Hope you're managing ok, man hugs xGx

Bibio 17-02-19 11:26 AM

chin up Gary... as Geo said, have some man hugs xx

garynortheast 17-02-19 01:40 PM

Thanks fellers. Everything seems to be turning to sh1te atm, and with not enough chance to get out and run my mental state is suffering.