SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   4 wheels (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=111792)

fizzwheel 08-06-08 04:33 PM

4 wheels

Just so we have some idea of numbers, can you vote accordingly if you are planing on bringing a car with you.

Thanks

dirtydog 08-06-08 04:44 PM

Re: 4 wheels

Yep 'fraid so

diamond 08-06-08 05:24 PM

Me thinks there may be quite a few yes votes on this one, which might be a bit of an issue as there's not much parking on site.

I'll be i on my mountain bike, if thats any help.

dizzyblonde 08-06-08 08:16 PM

2 bikes one tent, voted no...but in a manner of speaking....4 wheels ;-)

Stig 08-06-08 08:34 PM

Yes and it's rather larger than a car. Will there then not be enough room in the field to park?

fizzwheel 08-06-08 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1532981)
Yes and it's rather larger than a car. Will there then not be enough room in the field to park?

There should be enough space for bikes by tents, but I'm not 100% sure you'll get a big vehicle into the field as I can't remember how big the access space is.

There is parking out the front of the pub and also space behind the pub for parking as well. Its not an unlimited space though.

I just want to make sure there is going to be room for eveybody thats planning on bringing a car or something else, and I dont really want to compromise the amount of space available for bikes either.

I'm going to nip out there one night this week and just make sure of how much space is available.

At this point I cant guarantee there will be space for cars especially if loads of people in cars turn up. I'm just trying to get an idea of how many cars or bigger we'll need to find a space for just so I know the size of the problem that needs solving or if indeed their is a problem as I'm starting to worry about it now.

dizzyblonde 08-06-08 08:47 PM

Fair play to those that are bringing the kids in their car:-), and those who can't ride because of wonky limbdom;-), but if peeps are planning car for a 'can't be bothered with bike' thing, perhaps a little effort is in order.....after all its only once a year we all gather, and we are gathering in larger and larger numbers. To show effort some of us are going with very wonky limbs on a bike...but then again some of us don't have a car either:-(

no offense intended at all, just a dizzy logic:-)

Drew Carey 08-06-08 08:52 PM

Lily is going in her car soley cause we can't get all our gear on the bike whilst two up. Also, we are bringing gear for others too.

dizzyblonde 08-06-08 09:02 PM

forgot about the nice people taking others gear:oops:, I could be really mean and get Im Indoors to take all our gear on his bike...hehe.
We used to take the lot when I didn't ride..its a squeeze but possible.

Drew Carey 08-06-08 09:06 PM

1 tent, 2 sleeping bags, 2 roll mats and other bits and bobs. I just wouldn't feel safe with that amount of stuff.