SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Soho Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   London Traffic (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103957)

plowsie 04-02-08 09:55 AM

London Traffic

Ahh that was fun yesterday...Went to the excel show, may not be Soho but closeish, found some traffic, in lots of places, 3 people walked out in front of me and a scooter barged through at a lights passed me :smt013

Cars are politer than i thought, most of them got out of the way which is better than Northampton...

Dunno where we went but it was busy enough :) Grandad was leading and just decided we'd go sightseeing as we'd finished at Excel. To say it was fun would be understatement, but i coped.

FILTERING IS FUN :sunny:

Spiderman 04-02-08 02:57 PM

Re: London Traffic

haha! You should have let us know you were coming down mate...we could have met up and taken you thru some REAL ccrappy congested roads if you'd liked.

Or had a coffee at the Ace which is far better fun than filtering with sundat drivers, lol.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway.

Mr Toad 04-02-08 03:18 PM

Did you get to use your knee sliders ?

Filtering along the side of a big red bus is best :lol:

chris8886 04-02-08 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 1405448)
Ahh that was fun yesterday...Went to the excel show, may not be Soho but closeish, found some traffic, in lots of places, 3 people walked out in front of me and a scooter barged through at a lights passed me :smt013

Cars are politer than i thought, most of them got out of the way which is better than Northampton...

Dunno where we went but it was busy enough :) Grandad was leading and just decided we'd go sightseeing as we'd finished at Excel. To say it was fun would be understatement, but i coped.

FILTERING IS FUN :sunny:

myself, bear, mr anderson and bluethunder were all there yesterday!! you should've said you were coming down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Toad (Post 1405776)
Did you get to use your knee sliders ?

Filtering along the side of a big red bus is best :lol:

PSML. i must do that it the summer when it'a warm enough for the leather trousers to come out!! :smt077

plowsie 05-02-08 02:28 AM

I saw bluethunders bike, you werent all parked together were ya?

anna 05-02-08 08:25 AM

hey plowsie glad you had fun mate.. yup london car drivers are very used to bikes so they know to look out for us.. doesnt mean they always do or that they always get out of your way mind ;)

next time let us know your down ;)

Alpinestarhero 05-02-08 08:52 AM

Welcome to london Stu; you shoulda stuck around for the A406 north circ traffic going towards wembely and hangar lane aswell :D

Matt

Kinvig 05-02-08 01:22 PM

Yeah, pedestrians are a nightmare. Surely the Green Cross Code still taught in schools?

Spiderman 05-02-08 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinvig (Post 1406792)
Yeah, pedestrians are a nightmare. Surely the Green Cross Code still taught in schools?

You're kidding aint you dirk???? :shock: Why the hell do you think they run those ads telling us who use the roads that if we hit kids more slowly more of them would survive? More would be maimed for life and more would be in wheelchairs with more families having to spend their lives looking after their paraplegic (sp) kids.

But thats not the point is it...oh no, roads are not dangerous places full of big metal objects hurtling at speed here and there and places to be avoided by soft fleshed bipeds, oh no.

I know ...lets roll out a blanket 20mph limit instead of teaching kids some sense...cos teaching kids sense means they have to think for themselves and take responsibility for their actions and the last thing a nanny state like this wants is a whole new generation who actually think for themselves :roll:

*ahem* no they dont teach the green cross code anymore!

Fizzy Fish 05-02-08 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1406870)

I know ...lets roll out a blanket 20mph limit instead of teaching kids some sense...

don't joke - Ken is thinking about that right now!! ](*,)

Oh and here's a blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDUdebqDEs

:D