SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Band of Brothers - the next chapter (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=149429)

maviczap 05-04-10 05:44 PM

Band of Brothers - the next chapter

Well, I don't normally look foward to Tv progs, but Pacific starts tonight, which if you don't know is the sequel to Band of Brothers

I hope its as good, the trailers seem to suggest it might be

Bluepete 05-04-10 05:52 PM

Re: Band of Brothers - the next chapter

Can't watch it, we don't have the channel access and I'm too tight to pay for it on top of what we have!

Hope it's not too long before the Blueray is out!

Pete ;)

ChrisSV 05-04-10 05:52 PM

Im hoping its good too, however i dont have sky, got rid (parents say it cost to much) so il have to wait untill DVD :(
be sure to let me know if its any good :)

Mr Speirs 05-04-10 05:56 PM

I have just watched up to the 4th Episode via the magic of tinterweb.
I too feel it's ridiculous that it is only on Movies so am watching as it comes out in the US then will be buying it when it comes out on blu-ray.

So far though it's a bit lacking in the actual battle scenes we know and love from Band of Brothers. Episode 3 has none at all Episode 4 has one short and barely visible scene which is lit only by strobe lighting and is just a bunch of japs running aimlessly into the machine gun...bit dull really.

Still I shall persevere. :)

thulfi 05-04-10 05:59 PM

Really? I didn't even know about this. I typed in pacific on imdb though and it didn't come up with anything in 2010, just some other stuff from 2006?!

araya213 05-04-10 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Speirs (Post 2234400)
I have just watched up to the 4th Episode via the magic of tinterweb.
I too feel it's ridiculous that it is only on Movies so am watching as it comes out in the US then will be buying it when it comes out on blu-ray.

So far though it's a bit lacking in the actual battle scenes we know and love from Band of Brothers. Episode 3 has none at all Episode 4 has one short and barely visible scene which is lit only by strobe lighting and is just a bunch of japs running aimlessly into the machine gun...bit dull really.

Still I shall persevere. :)

According to the vets whose memoirs this is based on, there was an awful lot of waiting, and when action did come, it was confusing, horrific and violent. And then back to waiting, the horrible drudge of daily life, trying to deal with the horrors of an enemy that will accept death rather than surrender.

Specialone 05-04-10 06:08 PM

Yep, looking forward to it, shame i had to pack my projector away while decorating cos band of brother was excellent on it.

Owenski 05-04-10 06:09 PM

cant wait for this, already have the sky plus set for series link.

Its not really a sequal as such though to band of brothers, its just the same writers/director crew. its a diff cast and everything else like that aint it.

Mr Speirs 05-04-10 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by araya213 (Post 2234412)
According to the vets whose memoirs this is based on, there was an awful lot of waiting, and when action did come, it was confusing, horrific and violent. And then back to waiting, the horrible drudge of daily life, trying to deal with the horrors of an enemy that will accept death rather than surrender.

Oh I know that they have based it pretty much spot on reality and give merit for that but it just doesn't make for good viewing the way Band of Brothers did.

Specialone 05-04-10 06:13 PM

Im not expecting it to be as good as band of brothers, could it be?
Watched the making of pacific the other day, looks good though.