SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   And another cancelled ride (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=237668)

garynortheast 21-10-20 08:24 AM

And another cancelled ride

I was due to ride up to Kendal early next week to meet up with my mate from Yorkshire, for a day in the Lake District. It was going to be our final big ride out of the year. That’s now out the window with the lockdown here in Wales from Friday. :-(

aj76 21-10-20 08:28 AM

Re: And another cancelled ride

[emoji26] I had my bike safe cancelled last week and with being in a tier 3 area with essential travel only I think my biking year is done too.

Stay safe everyone

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Adam Ef 21-10-20 08:35 AM

Andy and Gary.. I've got those essential homoepathic remedies made up for you. We could meet up somewhere to hand them over :-)

Weather is looking very miserable for riding right now anyway.

garynortheast 21-10-20 09:06 AM

It’s looking miserable here too. I was due to take someone’s laptop over to Oswestry this morning but I’ve postponed it as I had been going to use the bike to do the job. I really can’t be arsed to drive the car over there.

Dave20046 21-10-20 10:42 AM

Yorkshire entering third tier this morning too.
Not that I have any clue what that means.

Adam Ef 21-10-20 11:44 AM

It means Bojo has found a system to lock down other parts of the country without stopping London and affecting his chums.

Craig380 21-10-20 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3121412)
I was due to ride up to Kendal early next week to meet up with my mate from Yorkshire, for a day in the Lake District. It was going to be our final big ride out of the year. That’s now out the window with the lockdown here in Wales from Friday. :-(

Simple, instead of going to the Lakes, head to Barnard Castle instead. Then if challenged, you can say you wanted to test your eyesight to make sure you were safe to ride ;)

garynortheast 21-10-20 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig380 (Post 3121421)
Simple, instead of going to the Lakes, head to Barnard Castle instead. Then if challenged, you can say you wanted to test your eyesight to make sure you were safe to ride ;)

Damn, I should have thought of that!

admin 22-11-20 06:32 PM

I managed to get out today for a short ride to Audlem. Started off bad as my brand new battery was flat. Luckily I still have the old one. Last ride before I SORN the bike I think.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Craig380 26-11-20 09:04 PM

Do you do a loop around there, i.e. around Market Drayton - Audlem - Whitchurch - Ellesmere and back home?